Model: Banshee in Blood Gulch - No vehicles Replaced

Only Xbox NTSC maps should be submitted here! Do NOT post full maps, only PPF files
penner2

Post by penner2 »

it doesnt work. it says seek failed on an unamed file. anyone who can find a way around this please tell me
HaloHunter

How Do U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by HaloHunter »

how do u get it perfect with no vehicles replaced i really need to know cause im tryin to make myself a pc version of bloodgulch!!!!!!!!
btw im pal
HaloHunter Forever
StumpWeed

Post by StumpWeed »

penner2 wrote:it doesnt work. it says seek failed on an unamed file. anyone who can find a way around this please tell me
i dont know what to tell u :(
zulux

Miner Articulatist 100

Post by zulux »

HAlo Hunter, i don't think that has been figured out yet :wink: this is so you can replace the banshee over whatever you'd like.
Screw the 3 lines of text limit.
MrMurder

Revivalist Artisan Droplet Pyre
Literarian 100

Post by MrMurder »

Allister any chance you can have another look at the banshee for sidewinder as ive noticed a couple of probs.
The sniper rifle posing sound plays the banshee contrail soud instead kinda freeky when your playin and no banshee about.
And the damage for the frg is linked to the grenade and the explosion when it blows its a prob coz the grenades are now way 2 powerful and i would like the damage seperate.
Thanks for your time.
Bug Stompers "We Endanger Species"

MrMurder The Magnums Of Justice

Thanks for your time.
dafuzzbudd

how do i do this..?

Post by dafuzzbudd »

i am totally new to this. Can someone please point me to some directions for the whole process? All help is appreciated, thanks
i shot my love today, would you cry for me?
th3gh05t

Post by th3gh05t »

I have applied this .ppf file to the Blood Gulch cache file via Halo Cache Editor v0.7.

I assumed that you needed to select all vehicles, but the Banshee still doesn't show up.

Is there something that I am missing?

Thanks, th3gh05t
SkateUSD

Post by SkateUSD »

u have to replace the banshee with an existing vehicle in the map by using hmt
th3gh05t

Post by th3gh05t »

Annnd how do I do that?

HMK?
Allister

Golden Age Revivalist

Post by Allister »

Oh my god. I'm sorry but this is getting ridiculous... Okay, open HMT. Now go to the vehicle section, and select a vehicle you want to replace with the banshee. Now click on it... When it's clicked, click a button labelled "Swap", then choose the banshee, and voila! There!
I don't understand your idea of humor... But it sickens me <_<
th3gh05t

Post by th3gh05t »

Allister wrote:Oh my god. I'm sorry but this is getting ridiculous... Okay, open HMT. Now go to the vehicle section, and select a vehicle you want to replace with the banshee. Now click on it... When it's clicked, click a button labelled "Swap", then choose the banshee, and voila! There!
Isn't the topic of this thread.. No Vehicles Replaced?

So what is the ppf patch for?

Use that after modifying the map file?

Edit*- I downloaded HMT, tried to load it. But there was an application error.
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.
SkateUSD

Post by SkateUSD »

th3gh05t wrote:
Allister wrote:Oh my god. I'm sorry but this is getting ridiculous... Okay, open HMT. Now go to the vehicle section, and select a vehicle you want to replace with the banshee. Now click on it... When it's clicked, click a button labelled "Swap", then choose the banshee, and voila! There!
Isn't the topic of this thread.. No Vehicles Replaced?

So what is the ppf patch for?

Use that after modifying the map file?

Edit*- I downloaded HMT, tried to load it. But there was an application error.
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click on OK to terminate the application.
FORGET HELPING HIM.......THERE ARE TUTORIALS FOR THIS.....READ THEM AND AFTER U READ THE TUTS, THEN IF U HAVE ANY QUESTIONS COME BACK
dafuzzbudd

urg..

Post by dafuzzbudd »

this morning i woke up and relized maybe i should check for a main site and see if it was tut's... sorry
i shot my love today, would you cry for me?
penner2

Post by penner2 »

what it means by no vechicles replaced is you get to choose which vechicle you replace. you dont have to be stuck without a tank/warthog you can choose the ghost if you want
wiseguyxp

Post by wiseguyxp »

this is getting rediculous. if you want to learn how to mod, read a tutorial on hmt at least, learn how to use it, and then come back with your questions.
silencer88

Post by silencer88 »

W...O...W thats not even funny

dude seriously, why can't people learn some stuff for themselves. People use halo cache editor on their xbox and think they're pros meanwhile they dont even have HMT on their computer let alone know that you need .net runtime files to run the program

i know people say "aw man you were a noob once"
go ahead and look at my very first post. it was a question regarding sound conversion for xbox sounds to create a new ui through HMT because i couldnt get the codec working properly. at the time there were no tutorials about that.
thats the kind of thing you are supposed to post about. real questions, not "aw man can you guys make me a mod that makes the pistol shoot tank bullets?"

That was just rediculous :evil:
TigerHawk

Post by TigerHawk »

What about that one collision model that was used before that exploded, but could keep on exploding again?
th3gh05t

Post by th3gh05t »

You guys are still bitching over what I said 3 days ago?

.. a lot can happen in 3 days...
TigerHawk

Post by TigerHawk »

A couple things I tried/corrected while trying to get all vehicles in...

1. Change Banshee Vehicle ID to Ghosts
2. Put it in Game Globals
3. Change vehi yyyy yyyy tags to vehi unit obje

I dont knwo if this would work, and it probably can't, but maybe you could change the identifier of the banshee to teh indentifier of the ghost (both of them having the same idenitfier) would this maybe work? (That is, if identiers are restered and not generated)
PALMAN

Post by PALMAN »

Adding a fourth or fifth vehicle would rock, like for a Halo PC mod.
Gearbox did this for the PC port, so if someone wants to ask them 'bout this...