Snipers Paradise in BG *Version 1.2*

Only Xbox NTSC maps should be submitted here! Do NOT post full maps, only PPF files
SlayerOfGrunts

Snipers Paradise in BG *Version 1.2*

Post by SlayerOfGrunts »

I decided it was time to create a map for the sniper in all of us. By use of the cliffs and a couple blocks I created a snipers paradise 8) . The following is a list of the major features I incorporated into this Mod:
- As seen in the first pic the cliffs are intertwined with a complete circle composed of paths and teleports.
- You can move up and down from the ground to the paths by means of a teleporter in any of the 4 sniping outposts (two at each base).
- The flag has been relocated to two paths up on the cliff behind each of the original bases, each of which is marked by a string of lights with that bases respective color.
- All weapons are Original, and best of all there is NO LAG!!!
- As requested I added the Banshee (Thnx to Allister)as well as "Sniping Rockets"! :mrgreen:
Attachments
SniperGulch1.2.zip
(600.99 KiB) Downloaded 954 times
sniperbg_fullview.jpg
sniperbg_fullview.jpg (96.43 KiB) Viewed 7134 times
Ground View 2.JPG
Ground View 2.JPG (109.05 KiB) Viewed 7134 times
Base Perspective.JPG
Base Perspective.JPG (87.35 KiB) Viewed 7134 times
Groud View1.JPG
Groud View1.JPG (101.17 KiB) Viewed 7134 times
Last edited by SlayerOfGrunts on Wed Apr 28, 2004 12:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nizic the Jawa

Post by Nizic the Jawa »

Wow,very nice.Keep up the good work! Would it be ok if i used this in 1 of my upcoming mods?
SlayerOfGrunts

RE: Nizic the Jawa

Post by SlayerOfGrunts »

Nizic the Jawa wrote:Would it be ok if i used this in 1 of my upcoming mods?
I do not see that to be a problem. Anyone is free to do what they want with my mods whether that be changing them or simply adding their own stuff just as long as I get some kind of credit :wink:
zonfar

Post by zonfar »

a bit to easy...
adam07

Post by adam07 »

It doesn't matter how easy it is as long as it's cool (even though I could have done that lol.)
Sig too big
JoePo

Post by JoePo »

This should make for some interesting CTF matches, it was allready hard enough to walk across blood gulch without being sniped at, now it'll be even worse!

I think playing with banshees in this map would be fun, along with some higher speed rocket launchers up on the sniper cliffs to take them out.
adam07

Post by adam07 »

That should be easy enough to do. You can do a banshee mod and I think you can make the rockets faster in HCE.
Sig too big
Stinger77s

Wordewatician 100

Post by Stinger77s »

Rocket speed would probably be easier to change in HMT.
adam07

Post by adam07 »

No...everything is easy as possible in HCE. It was basically made for noobs.

I did it in less than a minute. I went to HCE, went to BG, went to rocket projectiles, pressed X, went to initial speed and final speed, and held the arrow up.
Sig too big
Stinger77s

Wordewatician 100

Post by Stinger77s »

Sounds about the same then, I haven't messed with HCE to much for some reason I thought you were talking about a Hex editor. I haven't tried changing the speed on rockets, I wonder if you set initial speed low and final speed high, would it look like the rockets do when they fire them in the movies, when they fire a rocket out of a rocket launcher it kind of seems to hover slowly then it takes off.
JoePo

Post by JoePo »

Hey, thanks for adding the banshee and fast rocket. I was gonna try it anyway if you hadn't. Its great!

and yea HCE is really easy to change simple stuff, because you don't have to keep FTPing the cache file. Especially if you need to test things a couple times to make it how you want it, like rocket speed. And I also use it to patch, I just store my ppfs on the xbox and I can patch anything, anywhere.
Embrodak

Post by Embrodak »

Great Mod! :shock:

I only have one complaint. :cry: On the Walkways that have the "Guard Rails"
(for lack of a better term), the "Guard Rails" limit the field of vision too much.

Besides that it looks Great. :D
Embrodak..
The Future is you... Probably...
SlayerOfGrunts

Post by SlayerOfGrunts »

The reason I put the "Guard Rails" there was so that one sniper couldn't just own the entire map. I tried to make this level as balanced as possible. There are ways to get around the rails in most cases, if you choose, by simply getting off the path and walking along parts of the cliff walls. :wink:
Mr_Mann35

Nice Mod

Post by Mr_Mann35 »

Nice mod but could do with having the spawn points inside (either in the base or in the caves) with some sniper rifles. It just gets a little annoying getting killed as soon as u spawn on a system link game. Could just weaken the sniper rifle myself though i suppose......
Bassist-X

Post by Bassist-X »

I like the premise of this mod, and the construction and layout on all those ramps is great. But the framerate is just killer when even two people look down the field at the same time without even shooting. I've also found that IMO CTF matches lack almost any incentive to go down to the ground level save for perhaps a powerup in the bases which is just too much of a pain to get to once you're up on the catwalks.
StumpWeed

Post by StumpWeed »

i wish i had modchip for this mod
adam07

Post by adam07 »

Then get one...just don't make a thread about, whatever you do. And use google to find information for it. Let this be a lesson for all noobs!
Sig too big
Kuifje

Post by Kuifje »

Nice Mod :D
Lets See Who Is The Sniper King :P
mad_1us

Post by mad_1us »

I have a problem. After downloading the file, unziping it, it says that it isnt a ppf file, so i put .ppf on the end of it.

I patched the ppf and and did the signiture thing.

While loading the map, it freezes.

Does anyone know what I should do?

Hi, I was just trying Snipers Paradise in BG *Version 1.2* and had a problem with it. When ever it tries to load, it freezes up. I patched and signed the ppf with Coagulation. I tried it at least 5 times, but it still freezes up. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do? If not, could someone please email it to me. This site lets you send upto 1gb through the net. Thankyou for your time. http://www.yousendit.com . My email address is [email protected]
Last edited by mad_1us on Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Xe-Bec

Post by Xe-Bec »

nice mod try making it in max
Signature exceeded 500x120 pixels.