camo skin for bg

Only Xbox NTSC maps should be submitted here! Do NOT post full maps, only PPF files
spizzlespee

camo skin for bg

Post by spizzlespee »

Heres my camo skin

Thanks to xbox7887 for the screenshot tool and helping me figure out how to use it. And all the other programers making killer halomodding apps keep it up!!!
Attachments
camo.ppf.rar
(323.18 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
Last edited by spizzlespee on Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
Gute

camo

Post by Gute »

hmm =/

ask yourself how ugly thast is.
JoePo

Post by JoePo »

it's camo, it's not supposed to be pretty. He'd put butterflys and rainbows on it if he wanted that...
Bassist-X

Post by Bassist-X »

I don't mean to flame but every time this PPF is applied an angel loses it's wings. This does have potential, I'm looking for some good camo textures keep working on it, what about using some actual military print for a source pattern, i.e. woodland camoflage.
spizzlespee

Post by spizzlespee »

I'm not sure what you mean by all that flaming stuff. The pattern may not look all that great, but I was looking more for the effect it would have. I used the texteres from BG to make this so I think its about as close as you can get to somthing that blends in. If you wanna make it nicer, the textures I used were blood cliff rock and plant broadleaf trunk.
If you have the time to make it look like actual military print that would be cool. I'll probablly mess with it later...
And gute if you wanna see somthing cute just try this patch with CTF
adam07

Post by adam07 »

I like it, and I don't know why everyone else are being dumbasses...
It's not supposed to be pretty and it's only purpose is to blend in.
Sig too big
legoboy242

Post by legoboy242 »

this is awesome, i think. the standard millitary camo would be useless in bg, so this is great. to match most of the levels, it should be grass and dirt, like the kind in infinity. then that would be camo. anyways, this is great. i see a movie already...a guy walks by a cliff wall, noticing nothing. then you see a vague outline of a warthog moving towards the guy...ROADKILL!
i'm the new guy.
Bassist-X

Post by Bassist-X »

I agree woodland would be useless in the unmodded blood gulch, but not in the mod that I plan on releasing, I guess I failed to mention that I didn't plan on using the stock bitmaps. :P
athrman2003

shut-up man

Post by athrman2003 »

adam07 wrote:I like it, and I don't know why everyone else are being dumbasses...
Yeah but dude... :roll: it should also look cool, look at the army they have cool looking camo and it works. 8)

adam I'm not trying to be stupid just chill a lil everyone has their own oponion.
El Lobo

Post by El Lobo »

can we see some ingame pics please :D
[sig too large]
jake07777

Wordewatician 250

Post by jake07777 »

When I was messing around with camo bitmaps, I found a really easy solution. All I did for the Warthog was swap the textures with the cyborg ones, and it came out looking really coll and just lijke camo. Try doing that and tell me what you think. If you like it, then you can repost, with the new bitmaps, but just give me a little credit for the idea.
jake07777

Wordewatician 250

Post by jake07777 »

Aynone tried my camo idea yet. :D Because i'm telling you, it does work and it is really cool. :wink:
spizzlespee

Re: shut-up man

Post by spizzlespee »

athrman2003 wrote:
adam07 wrote:I like it, and I don't know why everyone else are being dumbasses...
Yeah but dude... :roll: it should also look cool, look at the army they have cool looking camo and it works. 8)

adam I'm not trying to be stupid just chill a lil everyone has their own oponion.
Actually it does look pretty cool in the game and it works to. Spark edit dosnt do much justice as with all mods. Dont get me wrong its a great program, just not for pics.
jake07777

Wordewatician 250

Post by jake07777 »

Ok everyone just ignore my posts, ya I don't know how to mod anything.
spizzlespee

Post by spizzlespee »

Well jake, you can swap bitmaps so thats somthing. I'm curious to see how the hog turned out I'll have to check that out. If your able to post a picture from the actual game you should do that.
jake07777

Wordewatician 250

Post by jake07777 »

Look, I can do more than just swap bitmaps, have you evr seen any of my AI mods or wpn and sound mods on this site. If you haven't then you shouldn't be so sarcastic just because I found an easier way to make camo than having to open up the dds files and actually edit them.
spizzlespee

Post by spizzlespee »

Dude i wasnt being sarcastic but i guess you were so never mind. By the way, how exactly did you make camo? Was the eisier way using the camo i made for cyborg and switching it to the warthog, if so thats kind of lame for you to take credit making it. Listen I might just be confused, but your not making sense. First you say you cant mod at all, then you say you made all sorts of mods and call me sarcastic.
jake07777

Wordewatician 250

Post by jake07777 »

Yes, I was being sarcastic when I said I din't know how to mod anything. Look, I just want you to try saving the cyborg texture and injecting in for the warthog. I never meant to be mean or sarcastic, I just thought that I had a good idea and I wanted someone who was making camo to use it, because it does look really cool. So just try it and tell me what you think. Take all the credit for it if you want, or don't even put it i the mod, just try it and tell me what you think.
spizzlespee

Post by spizzlespee »

OK,I tried what you said. I took the camo you can find on this page, replaced the warthog texture with the cyborg. It does look cool but dosnt have the effect i was looking for. It might be cool if you darkened the level up a bit. Also I noticed that the green blobs on my warthog came out a little small. Not worth reposting I think. Thanks for the heads up jake. So if any body is making a night gulch or whatever they could use your idea.
powerpak

hmm

Post by powerpak »

looks earthy, good job