HALO: Going to College (xbox & custom edition)

Only Xbox NTSC maps should be submitted here! Do NOT post full maps, only PPF files

like the map???

yes
79%
no
14%
don't care
7%

Total votes: 14

XHN_SCRAPY

HALO: Going to College (xbox & custom edition)

Post by XHN_SCRAPY »

http://wpimap.enu87.com/index.php?section=downloads

well these fine people have worked on their new map for halo 1 xbox and halo custom edition and the map is sweet its off the hook i think lol its a great map when you dl it they have read me and stuff so check it out and please maybe for all those out there we should all make one big team or tournement and have teams make schools for halo 1 xbox maps because we need a lil more pleasure on here lol for halo 1 xbox. so lets try and getting maps like schoools cities towns ranches a street anything lol off roading courses on xbox and wrap them up in a map pack that would be awesome and maybe even bring some of those awesome halo custom edition maps as well cus those are awesome.
r0tten
Readers Club

Recreator Wordewatician 500

Post by r0tten »

theres already a thread about this map.
llama_juice

Articulatist 500

Post by llama_juice »

this is about the xbox version of the map though! :roll:

we need some activity in this forum anyhow....
Stay tuned into www.youtube.com/LlamaJuice for my new videos!
***New video! ***- 10/25/08
SUBSCRIBE!
r0tten
Readers Club

Recreator Wordewatician 500

Post by r0tten »

yeah ok i give, you win.
Evilsnowflakes

Connoisseur

Post by Evilsnowflakes »

I played it, its a large map but pretty fun.
Remember, Violence is always the answer.
XHN_SCRAPY

Post by XHN_SCRAPY »

Ye i like the map but umm yea i dont know what to say its awesome and i wish i had the skills to make my school cus i think my school would have some crazy areas lol two Gyms east and west, 10-15 buildings with classes in side then two ampitheaters a grass hill big library and a locker rooms pools with olympic size stuff and trees hallways and stuff its crazy lol i wish i could map it out like they did lol so o well whats the use of wishing lol aight people thats all folks
pb59

Recreator

Post by pb59 »

Hey, I saw the thread and thought I would post up some pictures and a direct download link. I and my three friends, Alex, Brad and Josh made the map. This map is still a work in progress, and for now there is only one version out. Stay tuned through our newsletter to be notified of newer versions. Most likely, in the next few days, we will have a version optomized for Xbox. Below are some screenshots of the map. If you want to see more, you can check out our webiste, wpimap.com for screenshots, videos and to download the map itself for Halo CE or Xbox.

Download Links:
CE Version
Xbox Version

Screenshots

Download Links:

CE Version
Xbox Version
Last edited by pb59 on Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrBalll

Acolyte Bloodhound Recreator Connoisseur
Illusionist

Post by MrBalll »

You do realize theres a download link in the first post right.
pb59

Recreator

Post by pb59 »

MrBalll wrote:You do realize theres a download link in the first post right.
The link provided in the first post is two the downloads page. The link provided here is to file. Try clicking them.
daggerx

Commentator

Post by daggerx »

this is awesome
XHN_SCRAPY

Post by XHN_SCRAPY »

ye i only posted to the download page because there's two of them on for halo custom edition and also for xbox but he also wanted to put up the direct dl link lol cus its ezr for peopple to dl and also major props to you guys man this map is pretty good lol can't wait till its dun

then also has anyone at your school played or seen it lol maybe you should make a video or sumthin and show it lol and or not i dunno im just talking lol i wish i could make sumthin like that i just dont have skills or pc capability right now but in a month woot woot i will have blazing pc lol..

itll have the latest asus mb pci e sli, 4 gigs of ram and two yes 2 NVIDIA 7900 GTX 512 cards, liquid cooling and then also a AMD FX 60 cpu. man its going to be insane and it'll burn up halo like a fly on a eletric fly swatter sizzle sizzlllllleeee.....
but until then thats all people the map is sweet and if anyone is doing the same as these guys post up here or tell halomods.com to make you on the front page cus im always hitting up their site and tired of seeing the same oll thing no offense H-ModZ but its not your fault we just need action like we did before lol we need swamp fox and all the sweet modders new and old to start doing these things and maybe even putting these maps into HALO:2 lol or sumthin later im out im hungry
insidi0us

Post by insidi0us »

no offense to anyone who made the map, cuz i dont have the know-how at the moment... but why doesnt anyone make playable maps?

this might be interesting on pc with 600 people in the game, but why is that of the very few who have the time and skill to actually make a map for halo 1 xbox, no one makes maps the size of chill out, prisoner, dammy, hang em...???

if i knew how to use 3dsmax and had the ability to do all the halo tagging and whatnot (i probly sound like an idiot, its been too long) i'd be making maps that u could actually play 2v2 in.

i'll admit, it was neat driving around and seeing brick buildings with perfect collision on my xbox.. but small maps would be nice.

maybe ill put together a team and ill just be the designer. :)
DoorM4n
Readers Club

Artisan Commentator

Post by DoorM4n »

insidi0us wrote:no offense to anyone who made the map, cuz i dont have the know-how at the moment... but why doesnt anyone make playable maps?

this might be interesting on pc with 600 people in the game, but why is that of the very few who have the time and skill to actually make a map for halo 1 xbox, no one makes maps the size of chill out, prisoner, dammy, hang em...???

if i knew how to use 3dsmax and had the ability to do all the halo tagging and whatnot (i probly sound like an idiot, its been too long) i'd be making maps that u could actually play 2v2 in.

i'll admit, it was neat driving around and seeing brick buildings with perfect collision on my xbox.. but small maps would be nice.

maybe ill put together a team and ill just be the designer. :)
Because so many maps have been released, who would really sit down and play this one among all others. This map is a fantastic map because it is so creative.
The maximum signature size is 500x120px at 75kb.
HK-47

Post by HK-47 »

Cause it could be a machinma map until you can do better dont say stuff like that :p.
Thanks LT.
insidi0us

Post by insidi0us »

HK-47 wrote:Cause it could be a machinma map until you can do better dont say stuff like that :p.
sh!t, true.
i'll shut up from now on.

well, except for the point about "who would play them"...
if they were quality maps... replayable... balanced... where random and forced spawns could be learned, nade tricks... all the pro halo stuff... i'd be sooo happy with new competitive maps.
FleetAdmiralBacon

Critic Pyre Articulatist 500

Post by FleetAdmiralBacon »

Why do Xbox players always seem to like small maps?
It should really be the other way around. Halo CE mappers would seem more likely to enjoy small maps because they are easier to make...
I always like big maps, because you can actually do stuff in them.
Everything you'll ever need to know about me.
Need help with Linux, C#, C, Python, Java, PHP, Javascript, CSS, or VB? I'm available from 3:00PM-8:00PM EST on weekdays.
llama_juice

Articulatist 500

Post by llama_juice »

you can get more players in CE a lot more easier than on Xbox... big maps do better with more players...
Stay tuned into www.youtube.com/LlamaJuice for my new videos!
***New video! ***- 10/25/08
SUBSCRIBE!
nonfatflunky

Post by nonfatflunky »

dont worry dude u did an outstanding job i just played it the map is huuuuuuuuuuuge once again great job :D
L0V4 FOR L1F3