halo terrain edit

Only Xbox NTSC maps should be submitted here! Do NOT post full maps, only PPF files
__Blaz0__

Articulatist 100

Post by __Blaz0__ »

I'm not really sure what you're asking else I could try to help out. NMP and CXE are for the original halo1:Combat Evolved for XboX. It is a set of new user interfaces as well as mappacks that have completely new maps by basically importing a new map made MAX and using the HEK(halo editing kit) and importing into the xbox maps as scenery, or by using the old style block mod thing.

I was under the assumption you understood this as you were saying you were able to import eidted geometry(thats what got me interested) . With scenery , you lose your dynamic lighting, and I think it can tend to lag the game a bit due to all the extra geometry(the rest of the level that doesnt even get played).

__Blaz0__
cobalt69

Post by cobalt69 »

never mind i was wondering if nmp was like ce but you explained it well enough T/Y
if i had a dollar for every
time my internet sucked...
i wouldnt have this slow s***
XHN_SCRAPY

to the xbox halo 1 map editing terrain

Post by XHN_SCRAPY »

its possible just edit a halo custom edition map in 3ds max batch the map up export bsp scenery what ever is needed into a halo 1 xbox map just like fissure falls in cxe and nmp 2. i tried doing it a while back but i just got a black fogish lookin thing and when i crouched i saw the lvl floor of bg and the when i turned on super jump with sum trainer i jump above the black stuff. it might seem weird but true lol when i was above the black stuff i saw the blue sniper rock thing and some higher parts of bg. so it is very possible. but b4 bring a lot more ce maps like sniper canyon and stuff and make it even more challenging make custom edition maps onto halo 2 so you can have more map slots to work with i tried that one also and hex editing stuff i didnt work i just really no halo 1 but getting deeper looks on halo 2 peace
hand531

Warning

Post by hand531 »

Hm...
Here's my two cents worth, i think that you are being scammed just be carful mate ;-)
Donsta731

Droplet

Location: Inside your moms Vagina on my laptop with wireless internet!

its possible

Post by Donsta731 »

Yea I know about CE (Custom Edition) .. I have done quite a bit of work with it I was simply pointing out that that the xbox version is also known as Halo: CE. If you don't trust my statement, goto the Bungie forums and take a look. Most people refer to the xbox halo version as CE. Just thought I'd point that out to u..
Halo CE in reference to halo 1 means Halo Combat Evolved

It is possible to make completely new maps in sparkedit, and with a series of steps involving the h.e.k. to convert it to xbox, i have made completely custom scenery and new maps, just never felt like releasing, and i have reformatted my comp since then :(
Three lines of text maximum! FTW
60 Rogue - 60 Priest - WoW
Magtheridon Alliance Rimjacker/Donpriest
mister2

Articulatist 50

Post by mister2 »

how hard is it to back stuff up before reformatting?
try your modded box, it has a harddrive in it. :wink:
cd's and memsticks work also.

either your maps sucked, or you didnt make any.
why wouldnt you release them?
Donsta731

Droplet

Location: Inside your moms Vagina on my laptop with wireless internet!

Too lazy

Post by Donsta731 »

cuz of the way that they are made, the whole map must be released, plus the fact that there were minor glitches that i didnt feel like fixing, and at the time my modded xboxs hd was broken, my friend was doing all the testing from his house, so he might have some of the mods, ill look into it though, and i did make them, why would i lie about somthing like modding a video game? get a life
Three lines of text maximum! FTW
60 Rogue - 60 Priest - WoW
Magtheridon Alliance Rimjacker/Donpriest
Heet

Post by Heet »

Um...not sure if this is what you are looking for, but if you are talking CE maps ported to xbox then...ya.

Check out www.halomaps.com (maps by Hizlo)

Best modded maps by far that were ever released though most are simply enormous.
mmm...pancapes

Post by mmm...pancapes »

So, how can you inject that edited mesh back into the game?
mc ueli

Post by mc ueli »

hello where is that the down load for this program??
I am Swiss
Boney526

Commentator

Post by Boney526 »

I know this is a bump, but it's on the first page anyway.... how do you do this? Link whatever... I don't care, but an explanation would be nice. Thanks!