Windows 7 problems

Technical Chatter here.
guysullavin

Windows 7 problems

Post by guysullavin »

hey guys, so i downloaded(torrented) windows 7 64 bit and set it up as a second partition. but i've had a few problems with a couple things
1. My driver CD for my ATi Radeon 4650 only supports vista, and if i click on vista it begins installation, but freezes at about 75% EDIT: Found out that theres a seperate catalyst suite for windows 7
2. Google Chrome starts up, but cannot connect to the internet
3. internet is abnormally slow (from 125 kilobytes/s average to 60 kilobytes/s average) MAJOR EDIT: i restarted windows 7 and now its going a blazing 200 kilobytes/s average
4. I try to run Steam from the otehr partition (this one i think its because it was an old 32 bit software and you cant run it on a 64 bit OS)
5. the Performance and Information program in the control panel to show your computer's score is really slow
Thanks for the help

also:Image lol
Not Removing until Prototype comes out. Started 1/7/2009
obj1: DUDE'S GOT A POINT....I GIVE THIS PRODUCT A TRY....HELL WHAT COULD GO WRONG!
waev: caps lock might
FinalSh0ck

Re: Windows 7 problems

Post by FinalSh0ck »

2. Chrome works fine here, sometimes i says cannot connect, all i do is just refresh the page I am running windows 7 32-bit.

4. steam has 64-bit downloads. Steam works fine with windows 7 though.

5. I have the same problem, It has always been that way, I think it is trying to run a stress test just to see what the capabilities of your hardware are. just give it a minute or two.
guysullavin

Post by guysullavin »

turns out Chrome doesn't work with Windows 7 64 bit, i looked it up. Steam is working. and i got the performance update thing done, it was much faster after i restarted
Not Removing until Prototype comes out. Started 1/7/2009
obj1: DUDE'S GOT A POINT....I GIVE THIS PRODUCT A TRY....HELL WHAT COULD GO WRONG!
waev: caps lock might
FinalSh0ck

Post by FinalSh0ck »

I love chrome, but, it is still in beta. Maybe soon they will have a 64-bit version out.