A few issues

Technical Chatter here.
Detchro

A few issues

Post by Detchro »

Hey. Detchro here.

I have had a few problems with my computer. Here they are in order I wish to have them fixed. Answer any you can please.

1.) My screensavers will not work, I am using a Vista look-a-like using msstyles a friend gave me, and wincustimize. But I found some screensavers that look like vista too. When I go to select it, It has a blank white screen that says "Unspecified Error Occured". I thought it was just for that screensaver, but I checked all my screensavers, and they all said it! Exept the default xp screensaver and the picture slideshow. If you know how to fix this, please tell me.

2.) When I logon to my computer, two issues occur. 1, the sound bar is at the very bottom of the "line" in sound and audio devices. 2, before this no sound thing happened, I noticed when I log on, the Startup and Shutdown sounds did not work, I checked the sound scemes, and they are there, I tested them, just fine. They just don't play.
When we say keep offensive material out of your sig, we mean it.
xbox

Blacksmith

Re: A few issues

Post by xbox »

I suggest formatting (back up your files on an external hard drive first) your computer and downloading Windows 7 Beta.
Detchro

Post by Detchro »

I appreciate the responce, but I don't like betas. They always get in the way, to me.
xbox

Blacksmith

Post by xbox »

What?
How is that possible?
It is a fully operation OS that is much better than XP.
If anything, just upgrade to Vista.
DrXThirst

Connoisseur Foundry Pyre

Post by DrXThirst »

Windows 7 Beta is more stable than Windows Vista itself.
Detchro

Post by Detchro »

an OS? If it is better than vista, then it must need more minimum requirments, right? I would most positivly upgrade to vista, or windows 7, but I have terrible hardware. Bad Video card and my RAM drive is JUST under the requirments of vista.
DrXThirst

Connoisseur Foundry Pyre

Post by DrXThirst »

Windows 7 is completely re-written in code. It's not a "better looking Vista."

It runs on computers that won't run Windows XP, believe it or not.

EDIT: OS means Operating System. An example of an Operating System is Windows XP, or Windows Vista.
Detchro

Post by Detchro »

I can't afford much, and I had my pc EXACTLY the way I want it with all my mods. (Bootskin/logon studio/msstyles/wallpaper/sounds/cursors) and my programs. It took me like 5 months to get it like this. I can easily do it again, but...

wtf?

Why would I need to get a new OS just because my sound thing and screensavers dont work? Thats a bit much, dont you think?