new PSU but no ATX12v pin

Technical Chatter here.
ares-erus

new PSU but no ATX12v pin

Post by ares-erus »

Recently got a new PSU for my pc [an 850w monster] and ive noticed it dosnt come with the typical 12v ATX connector that plugs into the slot by the processor.
Any ideas on what im supposed to do?
ImageImage
[cc]z@nd!

Literarian 500

Post by [cc]z@nd! »

it's been a while since i've messed with the internals of my pc. what motherboard and PSU do you have?
ASPARTAME: in your diet soda and artificial sweeteners. also, it's obviously completely safe. it's not like it will cause tumors or anything. >.>
always remember: guilty until proven innocent
ares-erus

Post by ares-erus »

[quote="[cc]z@nd!"]it's been a while since i've messed with the internals of my pc. what motherboard and PSU do you have?[/quSorry should have updated my first post.
I've found the PSU eps plug snaps into two atx.
ImageImage
Patrickssj6

Pi Collaborator

Post by Patrickssj6 »

ares-erus wrote:
[cc]z@nd! wrote:it's been a while since i've messed with the internals of my pc. what motherboard and PSU do you have?[/quSorry should have updated my first post.
I've found the PSU eps plug snaps into two atx.
New mobos have a 4-pin one instead of the 2-pin old one. You still can use a old 2-pin ATX in a 4-pin mobo (you leave out 2 pins). They are basically the same but they just want to make you aware that new mobos use more power and that your PSU might not be enough for it. :D
...left for good