[MODEL]German Rifle

This forum is for uploading new building blocks for maps such as tags and new models. Please do not post any copyrighted material (ie, models/textures from other games).
[XMG]Kodiak

Wordewatician 100

[MODEL]German Rifle

Post by [XMG]Kodiak »

I made this quite a bit later than the Bren LMG. and we found out y our models didnt look so good. we were using gmax, and we were new to it, and now we have it figured out pretty well. thsi is a breakthrough model, kinda. i hope u like it.
Attachments
k98ownage.zip
(6.78 KiB) Downloaded 13 times
k98.JPG
k98.JPG (57.6 KiB) Viewed 1791 times
Last edited by [XMG]Kodiak on Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Visit My Clan Site!
z7.invisionfree.com/battlevalve
Dead Killa \ D

Post by Dead Killa \ D »

meh...looks a bit boxy
link816 says:your crazy about those jeely beans arent you?
=EP Killa says: welll, um yes i love them YUK BUTTER SCOTCH
guyfromga2000

Post by guyfromga2000 »

to me your best model yet 8/10 some, its to me its mostly smooth theres only a few places needing more smoothing
=Hunter=

Post by =Hunter= »

I'll be straight with you, it's terrible. I don't know how you're modeling, but learn to plane model and find some good reference images.

This topic should help.
I finally started releasing my works. After 2 and a half years. Pop by and try them out!
Please DON'T bug me with questions on how to do basic modding. The tutorials are there for a reason, although I will help if you absolutely need it. Also DON'T ask me about Halo 2 modding, my Xbox isn't even modded.
[XMG]Kodiak

Wordewatician 100

Post by [XMG]Kodiak »

i know how to use 3ds max. i am making a map as we speak. think of extinction + hugeass + hotzone + infinity. i made this in gmax, which doesnt have nearly as many tools as 3ds max. i find gun modeling in gmax easier than 3ds max. so dont try to persuade me to make guns in 3ds max. and before u say its terrible, make a tag and try it in game. my friend and i made a tag, and it looks very nice in our map. no u cannot have the tag.
Visit My Clan Site!
Dead Killa \ D

Post by Dead Killa \ D »

he never persuaded you to use 3ds max dumby, thers always wings 3d and milkshape
link816 says:your crazy about those jeely beans arent you?
=EP Killa says: welll, um yes i love them YUK BUTTER SCOTCH
[XMG]Kodiak

Wordewatician 100

Post by [XMG]Kodiak »

i said dont try to make me model them in 3ds max dumb dumb. i never said he did. i was forewarning him. wow u guys are illiterate. go to school. and u guys should stop telling me the gun is blocky. this isnt a phaser gun from 2942. its a rifle from 1942. WWII. i know you guys didnt study history and your life revolves around halo, but there are other things that you can learn. here is a picture of a k98. my model does kinda look like it.
Attachments
rifle1.jpg
rifle1.jpg (9.27 KiB) Viewed 1731 times
Visit My Clan Site!
guyfromga2000

Post by guyfromga2000 »

[XMG]Kodiak wrote:i said dont try to make me model them in 3ds max dumb dumb. i never said he did. i was forewarning him. wow u guys are illiterate. go to school. and u guys should stop telling me the gun is blocky. this isnt a phaser gun from 2942. its a rifle from 1942. WWII. i know you guys didnt study history and your life revolves around halo, but there are other things that you can learn. here is a picture of a k98. my model does kinda look like it.
dude dont talk about peoples life revolving around halo when you just released 3 models almost in the same day
Jsk1610

Post by Jsk1610 »

guyfromga2000 wrote:
[XMG]Kodiak wrote:i said dont try to make me model them in 3ds max dumb dumb. i never said he did. i was forewarning him. wow u guys are illiterate. go to school. and u guys should stop telling me the gun is blocky. this isnt a phaser gun from 2942. its a rifle from 1942. WWII. i know you guys didnt study history and your life revolves around halo, but there are other things that you can learn. here is a picture of a k98. my model does kinda look like it.
dude dont talk about peoples life revolving around halo when you just released 3 models almost in the same day
Hey he could've made em over a longer period of time. I do think it is a "little" bit boxy. Also it's hard to see so can you render it?
=Hunter=

Post by =Hunter= »

Actually I did study history and know quite a lot about WWII. I also model with gmax and have gotten a weapon ingame, an M16A1. And I am quite literate, in fact I am one of the best readers/writers in the entire of eastern Australia.

It helps to know people before you start making false accusations ;)

Just follow the plane modeling tutorial in the topic I linked, you should find your models will improve a lot. At the moment, they're just jagged messes that only vaguely represent what they're meant to be... I don't know what method you're using to model them, but it's not doing you any favours.
I finally started releasing my works. After 2 and a half years. Pop by and try them out!
Please DON'T bug me with questions on how to do basic modding. The tutorials are there for a reason, although I will help if you absolutely need it. Also DON'T ask me about Halo 2 modding, my Xbox isn't even modded.
[XMG]Kodiak

Wordewatician 100

Post by [XMG]Kodiak »

Well, I'm sorry if I made false assumptions =Hunter=. It may just be that an online conversation does not require as much time as a literary composition such as an essay or a novel, but you did make a big mistake in one of your sentences. Here it is, "I also model with gmax and have gotten a weapon ingame, an M16A1. And I am quite literate, in fact I am one of the best readers/writers in the entire of eastern Australia."
And about my models "looking like jagged messes", I will render them and see if that helps bring out its true shape. I did make these models over a long period of time. I just like releasing my work in bulk. It makes it a lot easier.
Visit My Clan Site!
=Hunter=

Post by =Hunter= »

The stock would look a lot better smoothed, but it looks like there's some random face cutting through the centre of it and a bit of an indent which shouldn't be there, it seems to split it in half. Get rid of that and smooth it, and it should look a lot better. Also, work on the bolt handle a little and add a trigger, and use a 5- or 7-sided cylinder for the barrel.

And my spelling and grammar can't be perfect all the time :wink:
galvination

Post by galvination »

here is a picture of a k98. my model does kinda look like it.

actually guns seem to be getting blockier, as time goes on, note the m1 garand is rather smooth and simplistic while the m4 has many grooves and sharp curves...
RaVNzCRoFT

Grunge Pyre

Post by RaVNzCRoFT »

How do you fire it? I sure as hell see no trigger; do you just say "BANG"?
[XMG]Kodiak

Wordewatician 100

Post by [XMG]Kodiak »

thats a really good question ravenzcroft. take a look at the halo weapons and you will see that they have no trigger either. and thx for the advice hunter, ill try that. about the indent that you said wasnt supposed to be there, look at the picture of the k98 i posted, and look above the trigger.
Visit My Clan Site!
=Hunter=

Post by =Hunter= »

I didn't mean that one- there's some weird triangulation on the stock that looks like a crack of some form, running back from the grip. I don't know if it actually is an indent but juding by the lighting there's something weird happening there.

You may as well add the trigger, too; it's not going to add a lot to the polycount, or at least it shouldn't.
[XMG]Kodiak

Wordewatician 100

Post by [XMG]Kodiak »

that isnt an indentation. it is just a piece of the stock that is sticking out a bit for a litle bit more detail. i will render it if someone would post it in .obj format.
Visit My Clan Site!
=Hunter=

Post by =Hunter= »

The lighting on it makes it look like it sticks out a little far, can you post a pic with the gun rotated a bit?
[XMG]Kodiak

Wordewatician 100

Post by [XMG]Kodiak »

if you could get it in milkshape and post it in .obj format, then I could. i had to do part in milkshape and part in gmax, so my milkshape expired, but my .md3 exporter still worked.
Visit My Clan Site!
=Hunter=

Post by =Hunter= »

I don't have Milkshape any more either... sorry, you'll have to ask someone else. :?