Sounds for your Halo Mods!!!!

This forum is for uploading new building blocks for maps such as tags and new models. Please do not post any copyrighted material (ie, models/textures from other games).
Yuckin Fahoo

Post by Yuckin Fahoo »

Yea this has happened to me my haloce chat dissapears...what i did was uninstall halo then reinstall
Knight

Post by Knight »

It's lag.
Firestorm

Post by Firestorm »

no he means the chat doesnt appear at all like even if u host on ur own!

try changin the mip map setting in your graphics card. this worked for me
BorgScooby

Post by BorgScooby »

rabiv88 wrote:yeah but that is no fun and there must be something else that has happened? ANy1 else got an answer!!!
But your taking your time to type this post and you could of already installed it. What do you mean no fun? It's an installation, it takes like 3 minutes.
Philosophy

Sounds for your Halo Mods!!!!

Post by Philosophy »

Hey all!!!!!

I just joined this forum....

Been lurking around for a bit, downloading some great .... and some not so great map mods for Halo CE.

I do Sound Design professionally ... for a living ... in Hollywood for film, TV, DVD, and Video Games.

I also play Halo as much as possible :P

You've probably seen me on both Halo PC and Halo CE maps.

Some of you have developed a few sounds for your Map mods.

I would like to offer my services to develop Sound Effects for:

Weapon Sounds
Explosions
Vehicle Sounds
Impacts
Backgrounds

I'm not talking cheesy nOOb sounds.....

I'm talking Hollywood level, kick to the head sounds that will help show off your modded weapons, vehicles and maps.

I WILL NOT BE CHARGING FOR THESE!!!!!!

So I will be checking this thread for requests.

Requirements:

1. what type of sound you need (screenshots are helpful for inspiration)

2. how many variations you need

3. whether you need one-shots or loops

4. I am not a coder, so you need to tell me how you want me to deliver the sounds -- what format you need them and how you want me to send them to you (electronic delivery only... I'm not mailing CDs to anyone)

I am for real and I love Halo ... I can't make maps ... but I love playing the game with you all and this is my way of giving back to the community!!!

Post by JichaelmMohnson »

That awesome of you to give to the community like this. I think a new Hog engine would be nice. The sound of a powerful v-12 or something. the hog looks to cool for engine sound it has!
AIM: HelloImMrJohnson
Need someone who can inject snow sky/snow particles to PM me!
[cc]z@nd!

Literarian 500

Post by [cc]z@nd! »

cool, i wanted to take some of my favorite songs, heavy metal, and use them as wind noise for the map instead of what it has, thanks, people would really like this

edit: no, i didn't want you to put those songs in the maps, it was an idea
New Age

Post by New Age »

I will contact you later with what I need. I am making a map called spacestation. Start gathering ideeas if you can. This is a good thing. This is like me giving away my models and making sigs for people. Thanks for doing this. You are one of the only productive poeple here at halomods.
Yippy-kye-yay Mother Fucker
Philosophy

Post by Philosophy »

I'm sure there is a way to attach the song to an object ... such as a Warthog.

You could futz the song ... so it sounds like it's coming from the "hog stereo" and them attach a looped portion of the song to that hog.

Each hog could have it's own song....LOL :P

Post by Philosophy »

New Age:

LOL ... Ya, productive is true.....just wait till I tell the wife how I want to spend my time....

When you're close to a Beta, give me a list of what you need and I'll see what I can do to help make your map special.

Post by New Age »

Philosophy wrote:I'm sure there is a way to attach the song to an object ... such as a Warthog.

You could futz the song ... so it sounds like it's coming from the "hog stereo" and them attach a looped portion of the song to that hog.

Each hog could have it's own song....LOL :P
Actually you have to (from my knowlege) switch it with a sound already in the game. Or, you could edit a part of the worthog... add a sound to it as an individua part.. then have that play, and it would only be heard by people near the worhog (a radio!). People do this kind of thing to add sound to things like generators and flames. (Even though the flames have their own sounds, so thats a bad example.) Anyway.. it may be possible.
Banshee Ace 2

Post by Banshee Ace 2 »

PLASMA SOUNDS.. you know the theme of plasma sounds.. plasma grenade explosion, plasma rifle shots coming out..
Grunts r Crunk

Post by Grunts r Crunk »

when give warthog hog 24s and make the engine have the sound of the song when u drive it.
lol
Grunts in the Hood!!!
Echelon

Vector Mad Hatter

Post by Echelon »

Have the hog place Ice cream truck music when you get in and drive arround. If you released that I would use it in my mods! :D :D :D

:shock: P.S. Thank you for offering your services :shock:
Specter

Re: Sounds for your Halo Mods!!!!

Post by Specter »

Philosophy wrote:2. how many variations you need

4. I am not a coder, so you need to tell me how you want me to deliver the sounds -- what format you need them and how you want me to send them to you (electronic delivery only... I'm not mailing CDs to anyone)
well...
2. halo can do it's own pitch changes, if that's what you mean.

4. everyone who wants to succesfully put custom sound into their map needs it in .wav format. if you happen to use goldwave, and have the Xbox ADPCM codec, then save the sound as .wav with xbox ADPCM 22.500 kHz, then save it again, but this time as .wav signed PCM 16 bit stereo (or mono if you prefer...). yes you do copy over the first save....that's really it.

well, the only other thing i have to say is welcome and glad to have you as one of the few who are willing to do some work to make great contributions.
Philosophy

Re: Sounds for your Halo Mods!!!!

Post by Philosophy »

Specter wrote:
Philosophy wrote:2. how many variations you need

well...
2. halo can do it's own pitch changes, if that's what you mean.

4. everyone who wants to succesfully put custom sound into their map needs it in .wav format. if you happen to use goldwave, and have the Xbox ADPCM codec, then save the sound as .wav with xbox ADPCM 22.500 kHz, then save it again, but this time as .wav signed PCM 16 bit stereo (or mono if you prefer...). yes you do copy over the first save....that's really it.

well, the only other thing i have to say is welcome and glad to have you as one of the few who are willing to do some work to make great contributions.
Specter,

Thanks for the reply!

I don't use GoldWave although I have heard about it.

Where would I find the XBOX ADPCM codec? (I'll do a search)

I work for a professional studio, so let me breakdown my gear:

Pro Tools HD Accel system
MANY plug-ins
an SFX library of around 200,000 + records to work with.
Sound Forge, Peak
Reaktor, Absynth, Vokator
Logic Pro ... fully loaded

I'm serious about doing great sound for Halo. I respect and honor Marty O'Donnell at Bungie/Microsoft. His work is amazing and Halo 2's sound is going to be awe-inspiring.

Again .... I have to re-iterate:

I only have time to work on specific sounds needed for your map/mod.
I'm not going to release sets of sounds at this time. Tha might change in the future, but for now I have only enough time for specifics.
And I might as well state the fact that I'm not composing music to put in the map/mods ... only SFX - that's what I do. If you need/want to add music and I'm working on your map/mod, I would gladly take the music you want from you, tweak it if necessary (e.g., make it sound like it's coming from a radio), loop it, convert it to the Halo format, and send it back to you ready to be inputed into the game.

I look forward to some great challenges!!!

Cheers.
Last edited by Philosophy on Thu Aug 05, 2004 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pyre

Post by Guest »

could you make a silenced pistol sound because i have a golden gun in my new level and it would be cool to make it silenced
Philosophy

Post by Philosophy »

Anonymous wrote:could you make a silenced pistol sound because i have a golden gun in my new level and it would be cool to make it silenced
PM me with your information and I can send you a couple of options.

Post by Hitman »

what information do you need. sorry about not being logged in but for some reason i can't login righ now. my username is hitman. just tell me the info you need.
bigred

Post by bigred »

Its great you are wanting to contribute to the halo community.

I am planning on making a map but I am taking it slow cause I want to learn and make a excellent map instead of rushing it out.

So my question is, will you be gone in 6 months or will I still be able to request sounds from you some time down the road when I need them? thx, Bigred