[Map] Asis Beta

Post maps and mods for Halo CE here.
M9 HE-DP Grenade

Post by M9 HE-DP Grenade »

llamaboy772 wrote:
M9 HE-DP Grenade wrote:
FleetAdmiralBacon wrote:Technically, I could pilot it. Just only forward.

Once the ship is done, which won't be for a while at the rate I'm going (I don't have my notebook and my desktop doesn't run Halo correctly any more, it'll just die in the middle of playing and I have to reboot), I'm going to start working on MicroWars, which is exactly as you described. I first had the idea a few months ago trying to restart my work on Trepidation, and I successfully got all the big ships into a map as minuscule ones.
Shrinking down everything in halo could result in the possibility of making entire solar systems with ships and planets to battle on. I'm not saying it would be easy - it would take a *** long time to make a detailed planet, but it would be possible. I'm looking forward to the release of microwars :)
Modeling a planet out of a sphere with more then 16 segments would resalt in a BSP3D tool error in geometery, so if somebody was going to do a map like that the planets would look like crap. (I ran into that error with tiny-*** lol)
What if you modeled it out of a rounded off square :shock: ......
=Hunter=

Post by =Hunter= »

It would look weird. Probably.
I finally started releasing my works. After 2 and a half years. Pop by and try them out!
Please DON'T bug me with questions on how to do basic modding. The tutorials are there for a reason, although I will help if you absolutely need it. Also DON'T ask me about Halo 2 modding, my Xbox isn't even modded.
peace35

Location: you see that house accross the street? ......and the dumpster next to it?

Post by peace35 »

holy crap!!!
work of art, thats all i can say
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcjuKE4OcAU
video of stunts preformed by me (no vehicle launches ;-) )
FleetAdmiralBacon

Critic Pyre Articulatist 500

Post by FleetAdmiralBacon »

The reason for the error with the sphere is all the triangles occupying that one same vertex at the top / bottom. Using a geosphere (one made with all regular triangles) would solve that problem. I also don't plan on having full planets in that map - there is a minimum size for things to work, especially when at one point you can't see stuff that is the equivalent of 10 feet in front of you.
Everything you'll ever need to know about me.
Need help with Linux, C#, C, Python, Java, PHP, Javascript, CSS, or VB? I'm available from 3:00PM-8:00PM EST on weekdays.
M9 HE-DP Grenade

FleetAdmiralBacon wrote:The reason for the error with the sphere is all the triangles occupying that one same vertex at the top / bottom. Using a geosphere (one made with all regular triangles) would solve that problem. I also don't plan on having full planets in that map - there is a minimum size for things to work, especially when at one point you can't see stuff that is the equivalent of 10 feet in front of you.[
ya I was looking at the mini halcyon in the map seperated with a dev cam and when I tried to look inside the control room the game doesn't really show it that well. So I can see what you mean
spartan 110

Post by spartan 110 »

If you are going to continue work on asis I have this to offer: There should be two ships the asis and a replica of it.Plus 2 dracos 1 in each warship. Also 4 eagles 2 in each warship. If possible 2 longswords and 2 pelicans in a top hangar where the park is.for the bridge there should be 2 gunner seats for 2 turrets and the bridge should have a PoA blast door that locks once the gunner seats are used (or until the turrets are attacked from space and the gunners die). If possible there should be a pilot seat but the warships go about as fast as the ones in halo 2 or halo 1 depending on your preferences.

Thats just my opinion hope you like it!
Originally Posted by thehoodedsmack
Spontaneous Tags! Appearing from nowhere to the lucky 50,000th visitor to Sapien! Apply now, you may already be a winner!

M9 HE-DP Grenade

You know how the fireflys spawn in the draco and dont fall out when it flys off? When the mini-poa is complete, make hangars and do the same for longswords and pelicans, and for the covie ships put in dropships and seraphs. I think it would be interesting.
m13120

Post by m13120 »

M9 HE-DP Grenade wrote:You know how the fireflys spawn in the draco and dont fall out when it flys off? When the mini-poa is complete, make hangars and do the same for longswords and pelicans, and for the covie ships put in dropships and seraphs. I think it would be interesting.
Another map full of nothing but vehicles?
=Hunter=

Post by =Hunter= »

M9 HE-DP Grenade wrote:You know how the fireflys spawn in the draco and dont fall out when it flys off? When the mini-poa is complete, make hangars and do the same for longswords and pelicans, and for the covie ships put in dropships and seraphs. I think it would be interesting.
I think it wouldn't work.

Seriously people, take the time to think of the practicality of your ideas before posting them.
I finally started releasing my works. After 2 and a half years. Pop by and try them out!
Please DON'T bug me with questions on how to do basic modding. The tutorials are there for a reason, although I will help if you absolutely need it. Also DON'T ask me about Halo 2 modding, my Xbox isn't even modded.
Spartan-343

Post by Spartan-343 »

ooo me looky 4ward 2 teh final of asis
im using ur map to make a movie
and i cant w8 till micro wars is r3l33sed but leik i said b4 work on teh inside of teh asis so it looks more like a real UNSC ships interior
actually making a human and covie ship next to eachother would make an interesting ctf map
like the Asis on one side and a covenant equivalent on the other
with eagles in the human ship and seraphs in the covie ship and a pelican
in the asis's hangal and in the other ship a phantom(i chose a phantom 4 tactical reasons)
plzohplzohplz *runs around in circles like a r333tard*
Come over to the dark side.........I have cookies
KETrace

Post by KETrace »

ZOMG!!!

you stole my design!

!>_<!
i wasted 2 months making something like this =(
M9 HE-DP Grenade

^^^ You can still release your map, I doubt they will look too similar.
Day of the Kiwis

Post by Day of the Kiwis »

How much longer till the final comes out? If it's still a ways off can you show a screenshot or two of the progress?
M9 HE-DP Grenade

I think he will post pictures when he feels he is ready to. What he has so far isn't even worth showing, he stated he can barely move the Asis at this point.
Paradox621

Post by Paradox621 »

Spartan-343 wrote:ooo me looky 4ward 2 teh final of asis
im using ur map to make a movie
and i cant w8 till micro wars is r3l33sed but leik i said b4 work on teh inside of teh asis so it looks more like a real UNSC ships interior
actually making a human and covie ship next to eachother would make an interesting ctf map
like the Asis on one side and a covenant equivalent on the other
with eagles in the human ship and seraphs in the covie ship and a pelican
in the asis's hangal and in the other ship a phantom(i chose a phantom 4 tactical reasons)
plzohplzohplz *runs around in circles like a r333tard*

Nice job butchering the English language.

Oh and btw bacon, this is awesome! Keep it up!
Day of the Kiwis

M9 HE-DP Grenade wrote:I think he will post pictures when he feels he is ready to. What he has so far isn't even worth showing, he stated he can barely move the Asis at this point.
Well if the asis is the whole map then it would be kind of stupid to be able to move it at all.
M9 HE-DP Grenade

I would imagine he would put other ships in the level to compete with the asis
Spartan077

Post by Spartan077 »

He Should Make a Covie version of the ASIS. Now that would be an awsome map.
Spartan-343

Post by Spartan-343 »

i actually kinda started on some concept designs 4 a covie version of the draco
i always wanted 2 c a human ship and a covie ship senselessly blowing eachother apart :)
i wanna show em to bacon and c if he thinks it cud b done
there needs 2 b a covenant ship leik the draco
btw 077 glad u agree with me
it wud make an interesting ctf map. the asis and a covie version of it side by side with a base in each one.
Come over to the dark side.........I have cookies
Day of the Kiwis

This is what is sad. A promising beta is released and instantly people just go on and on about how great they think it would be of it became another pointless map filled with vehicles.