[Map] Asis Beta

Post maps and mods for Halo CE here.
FleetAdmiralBacon

Critic Pyre Articulatist 500

[Map] Asis Beta

Post by FleetAdmiralBacon »

ATTENTION: This is only for those who are really psyched about the map and/or just want to see what the exterior is like. Anyone else, I do NOT SUGGEST THAT YOU DOWNLOAD IT.

This beta includes an early version of the Eagle, a one-manned space fighter. More info later, I have to go now.
Attachments
asis.rar
The UNSC Asis beta
(8.08 MiB) Downloaded 513 times
Everything you'll ever need to know about me.
Need help with Linux, C#, C, Python, Java, PHP, Javascript, CSS, or VB? I'm available from 3:00PM-8:00PM EST on weekdays.
IXI Xenon IXI

Post by IXI Xenon IXI »

OMG!!! A New version of the Draco only like 10x better!!!! you so got my download!!!!
fishface617

Post by fishface617 »

looks pretty cool. great job
Enlighten3d-one

Post by Enlighten3d-one »

can me converts it? :D
loox awesome
Ketchup_Bomb wrote:Wait, wait, wait.I am not leet modder here, in fact, I am a noob * 10.
BUT, if you have five apples, and add two oranges to it, why would you have less apples?..
Spartan-343

Post by Spartan-343 »

nice job with the exterior
i like it
how ever ther r no portals so its hard to get to sum parts of the ship
and the interior does not really look like that of a UNSC ship

play through the PoA again andtake a good look at the interior of it and try and make something similar to it
mind u not the layout just put in some things that every ship should have like a bridge. add some more rooms and passage ways/ corridors with equipment
dotting them
something like the POA
ya i know u think im to critical about it but i just wanna see a good map
o ya and seriously dial down the secondary fire of the eagle .

must...not...continue...on...about...map..

ya i kno this is a beta but ive w8ed so long 4 a map leik this

btw if u ever make 1 with 2 ships 4 red/blue bases will build a shrine in ur honor(jk)
Come over to the dark side.........I have cookies
M9 HE-DP Grenade

Post by M9 HE-DP Grenade »

Well I'll download this thing and try it out, it looks fun.
Day of the Kiwis

Post by Day of the Kiwis »

Those eagles remind Kiwi of Raptors from Battlestar Galactica.

It seemed odd that there would be a sun roof on a ship, and that you can pass through the glass. Hopefully the map will be set up so that those who don't want to deal with the aircraft can stay inside the ship. Kiwi personally hopes there are no rockets or fuel rod guns inside the map since the air craft can dodge them (or in the draco's case ignore them) and it would be too easy to kill in the small corridors. There should be an armory, a mess hall, engineering, and a sick bay.

And Kiwi don't think UNSC ships would have a USS in the name.
Alchemist666

Post by Alchemist666 »

O_O AWSOME
Armaggedon Mod Team|Pirates!|Universal HaloMods Rules
Halo_addict wrote:O_O Youre cooler than bob!!(and not an jerk!!)I need not say it...YOU are the new bob
M9 HE-DP Grenade

too bad you can't fly the asis 8)
SilentKnight064

Post by SilentKnight064 »

Just played it. I love the fact that you included the draco in that little hangar, that was really cool, but it should be accessible from inside the ship, as should the "park". There don't appear to be bases yet, maybe the rec center could be one? And where's the bridge? oh yeah and warthogs shouldn't be the main form of transportation inside a ship imo, but it is still pretty neat.

Overall, so far a 9/10, 20/10 when you get it all done.

Here's a good wallpaper-size screenshot... and a nice scale comparison.
You really go big 8)

IXI Xenon IXI

Post by IXI Xenon IXI »

"crys" Asis not flyable "crys" "thinks about deleting the map"
[RLG] El Crappio

Post by [RLG] El Crappio »

Lovely map. However, do not release any vehicle tags of it. It would just become one of these vehicles included in every lame more-vehicles-than-sense maps, which everyone thinks are awsome, when they actually have little to no gameplay sense.
gibbo

Post by gibbo »

wow nice one bacon very well done with this

Bacon you want any concepts or designs gimmie a hoot on MSN i might have a go at modeling the new Firefly for you 8)
MY SIG DID NOT EXEED 75KB!!!!!!!!! WHY DID YOU DELTE IT!!!! ARRRRG >_<
FleetAdmiralBacon

[RLG] El Crappio wrote:Lovely map. However, do not release any vehicle tags of it. It would just become one of these vehicles included in every lame more-vehicles-than-sense maps, which everyone thinks are awsome, when they actually have little to no gameplay sense.
It's half a mile long, at this point the only vehicle tag I plan on making for it is a 1/100th scale model of it for my next map idea, MicroWars, which is the return of the last stage of Trepdation (basically, it'll create the illusion of hundreds of miles of space and ships up to two miles long that can be piloted, but you'll really just have 5 miles by 5 miles and ships about a hundred feet long)

Most of the interior stuff is rough. I threw the hog passageways in so that you could just get somewhere in the beta without teleporting. I have yet to make the glass collidable (I'll probably use a piece of scenery to save me the hassle of doing it with the BSP). The bridge is in the front of the ship, where you spawn, it's just empty of the computers I'm working on. The Eagles were actually based on Vipers from BSG. I was working on a version of the map with a pilotable, full-sized Asis, but it didn't turn for some reason (probably something I screwed up in the physics file)
Any questions I missed?
Need help with Linux, C#, C, Python, Java, PHP, Javascript, CSS, or VB? I'm available from 3:00PM-8:00PM EST on weekdays.
Enlighten3d-one

Post by Enlighten3d-one »

Enlighten3d-one wrote:can me converts it? :D
you missed my question
can i convert it to xbox?
Ketchup_Bomb wrote:Wait, wait, wait.I am not leet modder here, in fact, I am a noob * 10.
BUT, if you have five apples, and add two oranges to it, why would you have less apples?..
M9 HE-DP Grenade

FleetAdmiralBacon wrote: It's half a mile long, at this point the only vehicle tag I plan on making for it is a 1/100th scale model of it for my next map idea, MicroWars, which is the return of the last stage of Trepdation (basically, it'll create the illusion of hundreds of miles of space and ships up to two miles long that can be piloted, but you'll really just have 5 miles by 5 miles and ships about a hundred feet long)
I've thought of doing that before. By microwars it's like shrinking everything down, including all the characters so that a 100 foot ship looks like a full sized ship,and that way, everything will fit in the map and there will be less lag. Is that your plan?
FleetAdmiralBacon wrote:Most of the interior stuff is rough. I threw the hog passageways in so that you could just get somewhere in the beta without teleporting. I have yet to make the glass collidable (I'll probably use a piece of scenery to save me the hassle of doing it with the BSP). The bridge is in the front of the ship, where you spawn, it's just empty of the computers I'm working on. The Eagles were actually based on Vipers from BSG. I was working on a version of the map with a pilotable, full-sized Asis, but it didn't turn for some reason (probably something I screwed up in the physics file)
Any questions I missed?
Well i hope you can get the Asis working as a drivable vehicle. It would be the first time anyone has ever gotten a ship that big to be pilotable.
FleetAdmiralBacon

Technically, I could pilot it. Just only forward.

Once the ship is done, which won't be for a while at the rate I'm going (I don't have my notebook and my desktop doesn't run Halo correctly any more, it'll just die in the middle of playing and I have to reboot), I'm going to start working on MicroWars, which is exactly as you described. I first had the idea a few months ago trying to restart my work on Trepidation, and I successfully got all the big ships into a map as minuscule ones.
Day of the Kiwis

Post by Day of the Kiwis »

Just be sure to have some weapons spawn points in different locations, not just at the bases or in the armory if there will be one.
M9 HE-DP Grenade

FleetAdmiralBacon wrote:Technically, I could pilot it. Just only forward.

Once the ship is done, which won't be for a while at the rate I'm going (I don't have my notebook and my desktop doesn't run Halo correctly any more, it'll just die in the middle of playing and I have to reboot), I'm going to start working on MicroWars, which is exactly as you described. I first had the idea a few months ago trying to restart my work on Trepidation, and I successfully got all the big ships into a map as minuscule ones.
Shrinking down everything in halo could result in the possibility of making entire solar systems with ships and planets to battle on. I'm not saying it would be easy - it would take a damn long time to make a detailed planet, but it would be possible. I'm looking forward to the release of microwars :)
llamaboy772

Post by llamaboy772 »

M9 HE-DP Grenade wrote:
FleetAdmiralBacon wrote:Technically, I could pilot it. Just only forward.

Shrinking down everything in halo could result in the possibility of making entire solar systems with ships and planets to battle on. I'm not saying it would be easy - it would take a *** long time to make a detailed planet, but it would be possible. I'm looking forward to the release of microwars :)
Modeling a planet out of a sphere with more then 16 segments would resalt in a BSP3D tool error in geometery, so if somebody was going to do a map like that the planets would look like crap. (I ran into that error with tiny-ass lol)