(TUT)How to make your very own beam emitter!

This is where the Admins will put tutorials submitted by users.
princeofbelair

(TUT)How to make your very own beam emitter!

Post by princeofbelair »

I am making this Tutorial because the last person to make one had it all totaly wrong he had missed alot of steps so here we go.

(yes this is for PC)

1.Make 1 Project folder anywhere suggested:On desktop

2.Copy and Paste a map you wish to do this with into your new project folder.

3.Don't forget about making a backup ^_^

4.Open HMT v3.5 and open up Bloodguclh.map(or whatever your map was) in your Project folder. Now goto Tools, Extract(opens up more options)Batch Extract, Now in the new window check the box that says "Extract Metadata" Now browse for your original map insde the project folder. Now Extract. You will get a message about BSP say yes.

5.Now goto your project file on the desktop and make a new folder and call it CSV. Also make another folder called Project Emiter Weapon.

6.Now goto HMT v3.5 Again and open up the map A10 and goto the tab [Proj] Projectile (12 items) and click the little [x] next to it and click on Levels\A30\devices\beam emitter\beam. Goto it's tag at the top and click the box next to the word "Recursive" making sure there is a check in the box. Now click Save Meta and save it inside your project file BUT IN THE PROJECT EMTTER WEAPON FILE inside the project file.

7.Now goto Tools. Extract, Extract Bsp/Model Selection and extract it to the CSV file inside your Project file.

8.Now goto Tools Model Decrapper/BSP Builder and a pop up will appear with 3 boxes inside of it. Browse the top one and while browsing goto the CSV file and look for your Bloodgulch.vertices.map and use it. Now use the next box down for Bloodgulch.Indeces.map, And finaly the last box for Bloodgulch.bsp.map.

9.Now click the funny BIG button at the bottom of the Decrapper that says..."De-Crap these models and build a new BSP chunk while we're at it! Congratulations you have now De-Crapped!...is that good? lol Yes it is.

10.Now goto Tools, Rebuild map and the very top box for the original map and find it inside of your project folder. The question you get IS important so click yes and all the other boxes will be filled in automatically. Now at the bottom where it says add and remove click add. You should add the emiter file which is found by going to Project Emitter Weapon file, Levels, A30, Devices, Beam Emitter, and selecting the file named Beam.Proj.Meta and that file ONLY, add it. Click add ONE more time and goto CSV in your project folder and select one of the new bloodgulch files called Bloodgulch.sbsp.meta NOT Bloodgulch.bsp.meta ONLY USE THE FILE Bloodgulch.sbsp.meta. The only two files in the bottom box should be the Emiter Meta and the new Bloodgulch Meta. now click REBUILD. While it is rebuilding it should ask two questions about indices and vertices say NO to both. oh yeah we're almost done. :D

11.(do not forget to delete the other bloodgulch file insde the project folder before renaming.) Now there should be a ALL BRAND NEW BLOODGUCLH FILE!!! YAY!! (it is inside the Project file.) it is called Bloodgulch.new.map as I remember but change that to bloodgulch.map

12.Now open HMT v3.5 one last time and open that new bloodguclh file and in the [proj] tab goto the new Beam emitter at the top and copy its' Meta code and paste it inside the file Weapons\Assault Rifle\Bullet and paste the emitter Meta inside the assault rifles(get rid of the old one before adding the new one).

13.Click the save button.

14.NOW FOR THE FINAL STEP. Copy the bloodgulch.map file from your project file into the Halo Map file...and...TA DA!! NOW YOU ARE DONE! the beam emitter comes out of the Assault Rifle now and it very powerful and very fun!

Disclaimer:If you did not like this Tutorial because you do not want to work at this because you are a very angry and Lazy person then do not blame me for you not fallowing my instructions correctly I gave the most clear instructions and if you cannot do this...oh well you will see it in my mod I am releasing soon...HAVE FUN ^_^

BY:PRINCE-OF-BELAIR :D :D :D :D
Last edited by princeofbelair on Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Signature exceeded 75KB.
conure

Enthraller Articulatist 250

Post by conure »

um.........
y the hell is it in this place and not the tutorial submissions?
Halomods member wrote:tags meta? There is no such thing for Halo PC.
princeofbelair

Post by princeofbelair »

Hey look it is possible to reply within a few minutes ^^^ lol anyway I wanted to put it inside the Tutorial section but it said only mods were alowed to so I came here sense the Tut is for PC ^_^
Signature exceeded 75KB.
CtrlAltDestroy

Designer

Post by CtrlAltDestroy »

*Moved to tutorial submissions