[PC]Halo Campaign Mod

Post your pics of mods in beta, or pictures that do not have a mod associated with them.
UPS

[PC]Halo Campaign Mod

Post by UPS »

I've been working on this for a while on and off.

The dealy;
Halo has always had the unique gameplay of a FPS where you can basically run out into the open without dying as much as you would other games, right? We'll, I am taking this to the next level. In each level, according to the type of it (whether you are on offense or defense sort of thing) your enemies will have fully functioning armor. Say you are playing the level Halo, where groups of enemy jackals and grunts are being dropped off in their dropships. These enemies would be ready for battle, being heavily armed and heavily armored. Different weapons effect armor differently. I am really using this to level out all the weapons in the game. For example- heavily armored foes will be much less vulnerable to projectile weapons, whereas plasma will melt right through their armor in a few shots. However, *most* enemies will have an uncovered head. All human weapons will be able to take advantage of that so you can get a ripe headshot and take them down quickly.

I am also re-doing the story a bit so that the Elites are on your team. Such as on Truth and Reconciliation. When you and your marines are first dropped off, you are immediately grouped up with a small squad of elites, who have agreed to help you infiltrate the ship as they know it's layout. I do not have very up-to-date pictures at the moment, but I'll try to get some soon.

Heavily Armored Grunt:
Heavily Armored Jackal & Grunt:

I'm re-doing most of the levels as I am not satisfied with them yet. Don't expect this out for a while because school gets in the way some times and my own laziness doesn't help. (I've been procrastinating for trying to PMI into B40.map because the batch extraction takes like an hour on my computer ;P)

Things currently featured:
Working Armor varients.
Upgraded weapons throughout the campaign.
Semi-changed storyline.
Changed damage effects
Modified gameplay

Things being considered:
A bomber version of the banshee.
Sentinel variations.
Needle grenade (spikey grenade that is sort of shaped like a caltrop. Spikes penetrate flesh causing it to stick. Then it has the needler explosion.)

Also, this isn't close to everything that will be in the final. I'll be redoing it and remaking it until I feel that it is worthy to be posted.
Attachments
New pic
New pic
thingy.jpg (99.12 KiB) Viewed 1153 times
Philly

Collaborator

Post by Philly »

OMG you didn't change anything!!!!1!1

Nice, I like the idea, just too bad this didn't happen to me.... :?
For anybody still wondering where FTD has gone, here it is.
Hotrod

Post by Hotrod »

This is for CE, right? If so, you should add new weapons/vehicles, not just upgrade the old ones. I like the way this mod is going, keep up the good work!
UPS

Post by UPS »

It even says in the title....
PC mod. Not CE.

Lol...
I've been testing it in Easy difficulty...
It's like impossible on Heroic. Not even trying Legendary, so I'll have to re-do all the damage amounts and everything. xD
Philly

Collaborator

Post by Philly »

I tried to make a mod that expanded the gap between neasy and legendary. That worked. :P
For anybody still wondering where FTD has gone, here it is.
UPS

Post by UPS »

Here's a screen of what one of the pistols MIGHT look like. (Smallest varient-they will get bigger)
7 bullet clip, small scope provides x2 zoom, fair shooting speed and low damage.

Any suggestions to it? (Yes, I know I need to skin it.)
Attachments
pic
pic
pistol.JPG (25.46 KiB) Viewed 992 times
DaShiznit47

Post by DaShiznit47 »

could i help i wass working on a mod like this
UPS

Post by UPS »

No thanks. I'm doin' this on my own. Sorry =\
DaShiznit47

Post by DaShiznit47 »

:(
UPS

Post by UPS »

Update:
From now on, all levels that contain gas grenades will have marines in Anti-gas combat suits to protect them from their own grenades. I'm working on a remodel for the cyborg (which will be duplicated and the extra model/skin will be used for the marine) and here is a beta. The suit is slimmed down to be more of a combat suit than a huge set of armor.

Edit: Another update on the suit. Model is almost done, but needs a little bit more fixing up.
Attachments
gas suit.JPG
gas suit.JPG (57.22 KiB) Viewed 926 times
beta
beta
gas suit.JPG (58.92 KiB) Viewed 930 times
InvaderVeex

Post by InvaderVeex »

Looking good! Where's the +rep button?
UPS

Post by UPS »

The what? lol..
Hotrod

Post by Hotrod »

InvaderVeex wrote:Looking good! Where's the +rep button?
There is no rep here. Also, I like the suit, but will it be used for the Spartan as well?
UPS

Post by UPS »

Not likely. I'm going to have it reskinned so it is not really a MJOLNIR armor system. Although, I might re-model Master Chief's armor to be less.. fat. (Ever look at his freakin thighs/waist? Those aren't muscles, those are flabs!)
Hotrod

Post by Hotrod »

UPS wrote:Not likely. I'm going to have it reskinned so it is not really a MJOLNIR armor system. Although, I might re-model Master Chief's armor to be less.. fat. (Ever look at his freakin thighs/waist? Those aren't muscles, those are flabs!)
Ok, good. It's good for marines, but not for a Spartan.
UPS

Post by UPS »

Update: I got a few pics on T&R. Still very early, I will most likely re-PMI everything because I forgot to PMI the flamethrower, which I use to create toxic gas grenades... o.o
I need an opinion on the wall. I used the cliff texture from B40 and when I put it on the wall it got really stretched, but it has kind of grown on me >.>

ALSO: There is a 0% chance that the craptacular sniper rifle model is going to be in the mod. I accidentally imported that into my backup T&R (it was one of my first models) and it WILL be fixed.

P.S.There was no skinning at ALL done here.
SCORPION-396

Location: On Installation 00 re-constructing 05-032 Mendicant Bias.

Post by SCORPION-396 »

Dang! Awsome! cant' wait till it comes out. :)
Woa! Whered' the earth go!?!? (@.@)
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

Bump^^