HALO 1's Longest!!! Exact replica!

Forge maps and variants for Halo 3.
Cynder207

HALO 1's Longest!!! Exact replica!

Post by Cynder207 »

The other day I decided I was going to Replicate a halo 1 map. I saw there was a few already done pretty poorly but nobody had tried to do Longest. So then I started working on it. After about 4 hours I decided that i didn't like where the things were ending up. So i scraped everything and started over. That trend went on quite a few times until i got it just right. All of the weapon spawns are the same from halo 1. This is as close as any one will get to making longest for halo 3.

Here are some pictures of the map!

Stairs Going up to the second level

looking from the top of the stairs

Looking at the shotgun room

Looking down one of the hallways

Please Download!!!

http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx ... s=true#end

The Pictures Don't show everything! Like always I'm open for suggestions
Last edited by Cynder207 on Thu Mar 06, 2008 11:22 pm, edited 5 times in total.
bballaplaya4life

Post by bballaplaya4life »

You don't have to make the thread all caps. Just make it the map name and the description the base map. Read the rules before posting your map if you don't want it to get locked/deleted. :roll:
Senor_Grunt: Okay, so, I was playing CoD4 earlier, and about 30 minutes into playing, the screen went black, then flashed, then the 360 gave me red rings. Only, they weren't rings, they were half of the ring. Like, only two of the controller light thingies were light up red. WTF does this mean? Like seriously. My 360 still works, but it does that like once every week at the least, and it's getting annoying getting to round 16 in the zombie mode for CoD5 (so totally not bragging ), then suddenly blacking out. :[
tucker933: Pour some liquid nitrogen on it.
Cynder207

Post by Cynder207 »

Sorry i didn't realize that it was a big deal you know the whole caps thing, but its fixed now just for you!
bballaplaya4life

Post by bballaplaya4life »

Cynder207 wrote:Sorry i didn't realize that it was a big deal you know the whole caps thing, but its fixed now just for you!
Don't forget to make the thread description the base map! :wink:

Sorry I never gave you any feedback, but nice map!
Senor_Grunt: Okay, so, I was playing CoD4 earlier, and about 30 minutes into playing, the screen went black, then flashed, then the 360 gave me red rings. Only, they weren't rings, they were half of the ring. Like, only two of the controller light thingies were light up red. WTF does this mean? Like seriously. My 360 still works, but it does that like once every week at the least, and it's getting annoying getting to round 16 in the zombie mode for CoD5 (so totally not bragging ), then suddenly blacking out. :[
tucker933: Pour some liquid nitrogen on it.
Cynder207

Post by Cynder207 »

Thank you! i hope i can get a bunch of people to download it so i can get a couple matches played so i can post a video for it. My gamer tag is Cynder123 if you want to play it with me. I will be on in about an hour.

EDIT: i updated the pictures so if people are too lazy to click the links they dont have to any more.
guysullavin

Post by guysullavin »

well, of course its not a n EXACT replica of longest, otherwise the walls would be more covenant, but for setup, yea, that is longest :D good job!
Not Removing until Prototype comes out. Started 1/7/2009
obj1: DUDE'S GOT A POINT....I GIVE THIS PRODUCT A TRY....HELL WHAT COULD GO WRONG!
waev: caps lock might
Cynder207

Post by Cynder207 »

ok yea... so maybe its not exact. Maybe I should change the title to "If longest was made out of boxes this would be it" Thank you for the good feedback. Please have other people play it and see what they think of it too.
halo2

Post by halo2 »

I was never a big fan of Longest but look good, nice work :D
Your original signature was too large. I fixed it for you.
My Site: www.freewebs.com/exploder61/
lechatsauvage

Post by lechatsauvage »

fix your sig.
On Avatars and Signatures:
Animated signatures and avatars are not allowed.

Signatures:
Signatures are limited to 500x120 with 3 lines of text.
However, if an image is not used (you either use one, or you don't, nothing in between) you will be allowed up to 5 lines of text.
Text rules are based on 1024x768. Having a widescreen resolution does not make you exempt from the rules.