The Grav-Lift Button

Forge maps and variants for Halo 3.
Munsie

Blacksmith

Post by Munsie »

I think there's a chance of it respawning in the same place, although I haven't tested much. Surely there's a way to prevent it from picking the same spawn twice.
halo0001

Post by halo0001 »

so instead of a grav lift how would i go about instantly spawning stairs (ive got a working grav lift as of now)
Munsie

Blacksmith

Post by Munsie »

Stairs lock in place, making it impossible. I've made something that resembles a spawning Single Box, but it's really unstable, doesn't work most of the time, and is impossible to save because it locks into place.
halo0001

Post by halo0001 »

ok thx, well ive seemed to get a grav lift to work to the same effect, so its pretty good, thx for the heads up though.
United_We_Stand

Blacksmith

Post by United_We_Stand »

Very nice discovery. Very detailed Tutorial. Good Job Munsie! =)
medp

doesnt work

Post by medp »

the force of the grav lift goes thru the door and pushes the falling fusion coil up before it cusplodes, and wen i make it high enuf for the grav lift not to reach it, it doesn't fall enuf to blow up
xbox

Blacksmith

Post by xbox »

Make sure you have the door and the components under on the closed part of the box, not where the fusion coil falls.
Doom

Articulatist 500

Location: DHA , SA Team: Liquid Metal Knowledge: Excellent Your Mom?: Yes

Post by Doom »

For some reason the fusion coil that is supposed to fall and blow up the other cores keeps spawning at start regardless of all the correct settings.

Help D:

-Doom
Sig over three lines of text. <--- lik wtf? mods make my sig 4 lines of text, then they letz tis slide as GTAF says, and den dey delete it? likwtf?
Senor_Grunt

Mad Hatter

Post by Senor_Grunt »

Ok, so I did everything you said, but the grav lift I want to spawn with the Fusion Coil spawns first, and if I destroy it, it doesn't let the other one spawn, it just spawns again. I do have it set on not spawn at start, but it does anyway. Help?
Kudos charts:
shadowkhas has: 15. DarkShallFall has: 70. ScottyGEE has: 60. Tural has: 25.
sneakyn8

Post by sneakyn8 »

thank you so much i made a map I'm about to post in the next few days and it has stairs of crates spawning to a base that is otherwise unreachable and i have another map where you go behind the counter (gun store) blow up a fusion coil and it spawns pallets in the way of the doors i love you for this(no homo)
Munsie

Blacksmith

Post by Munsie »

Doom wrote:For some reason the fusion coil that is supposed to fall and blow up the other cores keeps spawning at start regardless of all the correct settings.

Help D:

-Doom
I'm not sure how much help I can be if the correct settings are on. Just make sure it's set to NOT spawn on start, and make sure the run-time minimum is 1, and the max is at 2 (assuming there are only 2 fusion coils on the map). If you still can't get it sorted out, try to catch me on MSN/AIM or just PM me.
Senor_Grunt wrote:Ok, so I did everything you said, but the grav lift I want to spawn with the Fusion Coil spawns first, and if I destroy it, it doesn't let the other one spawn, it just spawns again. I do have it set on not spawn at start, but it does anyway. Help?
Sounds like a run-time problem, aside from reminding you to set the runtime minimum to 1, maximum to 2 (assuming 2 on map). If you still can't get it sorted out, catch me on MSN/AIM/PMs.
sneakyn8 wrote:thank you so much i made a map I'm about to post in the next few days and it has stairs of crates spawning to a base that is otherwise unreachable and i have another map where you go behind the counter (gun store) blow up a fusion coil and it spawns pallets in the way of the doors i love you for this(no ***)
Glad it could be of assistance. You'll have to give me a download/Bungie link for the map so I can see it sometime.

--

If anybody still can't get the button to work after some trial and error, I may be available to hop on a Forge with you later today or on Saturday.

Cheers.
xptoast

Articulatist 100

Post by xptoast »

I just posted a map with a mortar fire button. If you put half of your fusion coils into a box and anchor the box and have the other half of the fusion coils dropping, you can make a pretty good switch. Just set your switch coils to like 30 seconds for respawn and the other coils will drop for that long. :D
My current personal sig is discontinued for the purpose of more important things. Click DONATE to save halomods to be directed to halomods main page where the paypal button is to donate.
Want a cool t-shirt? Here they are.
{N}nivlac

Post by {N}nivlac »

Ya I'm working on a map with a 5 piece pallet bridge that doesn't spawn unless you blow up the fusion coil :)
Spartan123456789

Post by Spartan123456789 »

cant you make a video from making this, i like it, but it doent work at me
i followed the tut exactly (i think)