.Map Modding

Discussion about modding Halo 3.
CrysisFX

Re: .Map Modding

Post by CrysisFX »

Glitch101 wrote:Either way; you guys are pretty swarv :)
haha :D
Awesome.

JIME : Don't you .map mod now :? Why not slap some of the stuff your working on up here ?
no one is going to share .map mods for a few reasons.

1. you HAVE to have a dev kit. and no one here will help you or pretty much anyone else get one.

2. if an easy way to .map mod got out to the public they would flod XBL just like halo 2 and we dont want that happening.

3. even if you did mod a .map file, there is no way of resigning it. the only way is to take the sign chekcer out of the xex and that would require you to resign the xex (aka impossible) so in the end you need to run unsigned code which needs a modded 360 (doesnt exist) or a dev kit.

all the stuff i just explaind an be found in the section rules. you should read that.
unknownv2

Post by unknownv2 »

I don't think any map modding will be taking place on an updated, XBL-enabled Xbox ever, so map modding in MM shouln't even be a worry. Plus, it seems like Bungie has some pretty nice security going on in Halo 3.
SPARTAN-OMEGA

Post by SPARTAN-OMEGA »

It will never happen to an XBL enabled xbox. Unless we magically find a kernal exploit in NXE and make CFW before the next update...
Join Halo 2.5 at http://halo25pro.yourfreebb.com/index.php
dont delete its not over the 5 line max in rules
Glitch101

Post by Glitch101 »

CrysisFX wrote:
Awesome.

JIME : Don't you .map mod now :? Why not slap some of the stuff your working on up here ?
no one is going to share .map mods for a few reasons.

1. you HAVE to have a dev kit. and no one here will help you or pretty much anyone else get one.

2. if an easy way to .map mod got out to the public they would flod XBL just like halo 2 and we dont want that happening.

3. even if you did mod a .map file, there is no way of resigning it. the only way is to take the sign chekcer out of the xex and that would require you to resign the xex (aka impossible) so in the end you need to run unsigned code which needs a modded 360 (doesnt exist) or a dev kit.

all the stuff i just explained an be found in the section rules. you should read that.
I'm not retarded.
You appear to of misinterpreted me. I simply asked him to show some of his work. I don't expect him to put the actual .map files here. As they are useless. I do understand how it works.

Donut.
JIME01

Post by JIME01 »

Awesome.

Im not really going to release anything due to what happened last time but:
This is an 'Old' one:
Rogue_Modder

Post by Rogue_Modder »

what happend last time?

Also i loved that ghost ^/^
{Rules}{Search}{Signature}
"Modding for xbox 1 is over, And modding for the 360 never began, So modding in general doesn't even exist"
Glitch101

Post by Glitch101 »

JIME01 wrote:
Awesome.

Im not really going to release anything due to what happened last time but:
This is an 'Old' one:
Thats a pretty awesome picture :) Very nice looking ghost. Is there normally that blur?
And would it be possible to create fire; constantly res pawning around the pelican for example?
And perhaps remove the layer of sky; to show only the stars (like on the beta)
ImpactPro

Post by ImpactPro »

Glitch101 wrote: Thats a pretty awesome picture :) Very nice looking ghost. Is there normally that blur?
Yes.
Gruntlord5

Post by Gruntlord5 »

-DeToX- wrote:
Glitch101 wrote: Keep it to the 'cool group'- wasted technology otherwise.
I hate it when you guys say that..

We never say we're cool because we mod. You put that dennotation to us... It's not us that think we're cool... We just do this cause it's fun.. And we like doing it. It's stupid people that *** say *** like the "cool-group" that just express their idiocy through envy of something we don't want them to envy.

Tural is right however.. Talk is cheap.. I'll let you talk to me for 50$ an hour.
What a cool kid........
Trulife8342

Orb Commentator Firestorm

Post by Trulife8342 »

These people who you call the "cool group" Have honestly done everything they could do to get retail modding working. Don't disrespect them.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

Gruntlord5 wrote:
-DeToX- wrote:
Glitch101 wrote: Keep it to the 'cool group'- wasted technology otherwise.
I hate it when you guys say that..

We never say we're cool because we mod. You put that dennotation to us... It's not us that think we're cool... We just do this cause it's fun.. And we like doing it. It's stupid people that *** say *** like the "cool-group" that just express their idiocy through envy of something we don't want them to envy.

Tural is right however.. Talk is cheap.. I'll let you talk to me for 50$ an hour.
What a cool kid........
Theres this forum called No, you would fit right in :wink:
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.
Glitch101

Post by Glitch101 »

Trulife8342 wrote:These people who you call the "cool group" Have honestly done everything they could do to get retail modding working. Don't disrespect them.
I'm not disrespecting them. I'm being honest.
Trulife8342

Orb Commentator Firestorm

Post by Trulife8342 »

Your honesty wasn't appreciated.
kibito87

Stylist Connoisseur Advisor Bloodhound
Droplet Articulatist 500

Post by kibito87 »

For anybody wanting to mod the .map files...Go get a Dev Kit. They are out there and aren't that hard to find. Then start working on modding the game yourself. These so called "cool kids" did, so why can't you? They are just ordinary people like ourselves that put forth effort into what they wanted to do.

Now NOBODY should be bitching about it. There's no reason besides supply and demand, potentially, that anybody on these very forums can't do what these guys have done. So knock it off.

Bottom line. There is no need for anymore discussion on this.
latinomodder

Post by latinomodder »

Glitch101 wrote:
Trulife8342 wrote:These people who you call the "cool group" Have honestly done everything they could do to get retail modding working. Don't disrespect them.
You're the stupid kid who came begging me to sell you a kit.
Rogue_Modder

Post by Rogue_Modder »

how does that make him stupid?
"Modding for xbox 1 is over, And modding for the 360 never began, So modding in general doesn't even exist"
latinomodder

Post by latinomodder »

He wants a kit yet calls having one a waste of technology, so hes being stupid.
Rogue_Modder

Post by Rogue_Modder »

oh, ic.

and latino are you LEo?
Glitch101

Post by Glitch101 »

latinomodder wrote:
Glitch101 wrote:
You're the stupid kid who came begging me to sell you a kit.
Begging is hardly the word.

I added you on AIM.
Enquired.
Said id think about it.

Your the one who come back with an offer; shortly after saying- i don't sell kits to people wanting to mod halo 3 anymore.
latinomodder wrote:He wants a kit yet calls having one a waste of technology, so hes being stupid.
And the fact that i was not only going to use it for Halo 3 Modding Is another point:
I had stated how i was hoping to use it for another tool for game development later on; as i would be studying Computer Science, and 3D Modeling- I may lack the knowledge now, dosen't mean i will later on, where it could be quite useful.
Of course there is XNA For game development, but a Dev Kit wouldn't go a miss.
kibito87 wrote: ....Bottom line. There is no need for anymore discussion on this...
Thank You, Drifting off topic after half the community slaughtered me in this thread.
Straighthate

Post by Straighthate »

Gosh this looks so epic. Makes you wonder what is possible with this.