Replace Double Walls with invisible ones

Discussion about modding Halo 3.
scynide

Articulatist 100

Replace Double Walls with invisible ones

Post by scynide »

I have a map on Foundry that I have a bunch of double walls placed. I want to switch out 5 of the 9 that are placed on the map with invisible walls. And only those five. I know which ones they are, I have to coordinates written down and have tested them. I have tried cloning new wall_xxxl chunks, giving them the coordinates of the 5 walls I want to replace, and nulling the old walls out, but no go. The old walls didn't spawn, but the invisible walls didn't either. Could someone tell me how to do this please? Thanks.
mxrider108

Renovator Wordewatician 250

Re: Replace Double Walls with invisible ones

Post by mxrider108 »

scynide wrote:I have a map on Foundry that I have a bunch of double walls placed. I want to switch out 5 of the 9 that are placed on the map with invisible walls. And only those five. I know which ones they are, I have to coordinates written down and have tested them. I have tried cloning new wall_xxxl chunks, giving them the coordinates of the 5 walls I want to replace, and nulling the old walls out, but no go. The old walls didn't spawn, but the invisible walls didn't either. Could someone tell me how to do this please? Thanks.
Change the tag index reference IDs for the 5 walls you want changed to any other object that you arent using on the map, then swap the idents of that object to the invisible wall ident. For future reference, you can avoid this step by using two different objects: one type for the stuff you are going to swap and one type for the walls you are going to keep as-is.

If you need a more detailed step-by-step, just let me know.