Engineer Ubuntu?

Discussion about modding Halo 3.
OwnZ joO

Articulatist 500

Post by OwnZ joO »

It probably wouldn't be that hard to port the halomap library to C++ or java if you know those and then make your own GUI for them. The reason people don't make them cross platform is that .Net is easy to program for and most people use windows, so they have access to .Net.
Fir3Chi3f

Post by Fir3Chi3f »

OwnZ joO wrote:It probably wouldn't be that hard to port the halomap library to C++ or java if you know those and then make your own GUI for them. The reason people don't make them cross platform is that .Net is easy to program for and most people use windows, so they have access to .Net.
You know I completely forgot about the window$ users lol
I know a little java, but I've never ported anything in my life. Any tips?
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

If your confused about something search google with something like "C# - blah blah blah" or "C++ - blah", also the msdn help librarys are very helpfull.
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.
Fir3Chi3f

Post by Fir3Chi3f »

grimdoomer wrote:If your confused about something search google with something like "C# - blah blah blah" or "C++ - blah", also the msdn help librarys are very helpfull.
Google is how I got here my fiend 8)

Thanks for the suggestion of msdn, didn't know it existed. Although, it is very scary and... window$-e... :cry:

My experience in programming is limited to simple math and picture programs in ruby. I'm learning this as I do it, makes for very slow going; google and forums or my only source of education.

I'm not sure of how 'porting' works as is why I suggested making another program from scratch earlier. I've got engineer's source on my desktop and I don't know what to do with it.

I will continue to google in my free time, any more links or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks all :wink:
sneakyn8

Post by sneakyn8 »

has anyone been able to get xport working with ubuntu
Fir3Chi3f

Post by Fir3Chi3f »

sneakyn8 wrote:has anyone been able to get xport working with ubuntu
I'm sorry when you say 'xport' do you mean a emulator that runs xbox games or the kit that links a 360 hard drive to the computer?
unknownv2

Post by unknownv2 »

Fir3Chi3f wrote:
sneakyn8 wrote:has anyone been able to get xport working with ubuntu
I'm sorry when you say 'xport' do you mean a emulator that runs xbox games or the kit that links a 360 hard drive to the computer?
He means Xport360, the software you use with your Xport/whatever else transfer device.
Fir3Chi3f

Post by Fir3Chi3f »

I'm not sure, I don't have one lol.

I don't see why not, pm me or start a new thread on that subject tho as that is not the subject on this one.