Forge Map Money System (To be used via SL)

Discussion about modding Halo 3.
ordinarychicken

Forge Map Money System (To be used via SL)

Post by ordinarychicken »

Now, I know that we've all been fretting and writhing over the prospect of getting some sort of map signature tool and such, but I've been reading up around the web, and it seems that according to several people that you do NOT need a map resig? I had fun with Halo 2 maps and I always needed to resign.

My aim of seeing if one can change meta on forge maps without resig, is so that I can get rid of the money system on forge. I haven't taken a look into the files on the 360 yet, so don't berate me for this. But does anyone know how to get rid of the money system on forge created maps? Or is that within forge itself, and not necessarily the map? I will be using these over a system link, keep that in mind.
shade45

Translator Artisan Enthraller Logistician
Stylist Wave Firestorm New Age

Post by shade45 »

The Forge patch files are just as protected if not more than the maps themselves.

Also the max amount of changes that can be stored in a forge patch file is 640 across a maximum of 256 tags. So even if you did get unlimited money working you still wouldn't be able to break those limits :(
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

It is possible without modding, you could use a glitch. Takes a while to do though. Look around the internet for the downloadable maps.
zzbomb

Post by zzbomb »

shade45 wrote:The Forge patch files are just as protected if not more than the maps themselves.

Also the max amount of changes that can be stored in a forge patch file is 640 across a maximum of 256 tags. So even if you did get unlimited money working you still wouldn't be able to break those limits :(
Basically it would lagg the game or you just couldent make anything else. Like in Halo 2 the mods that spawn things. IF you spawn to much it stops working. There is a limit which is made by the xbox. It cant be prevented.
Agent ME

Articulatist 500

Post by Agent ME »

shade45 wrote:The Forge patch files are just as protected if not more than the maps themselves.
Except that the xbox can resign them, so it should be possible to get the resigning key or process from the .xex or some other part of the xbox's code. (But that still would take a lot of work - but definitely more possible than trying to figure out how to resign a map.)
Anthony

Translator Connoisseur New Age ONI

Post by Anthony »

yeah its really hard :cry: