Modding Forge (Game Varients)

Discussion about modding Halo 3.
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Modding Forge (Game Varients)

Post by grimdoomer »

Im guessing this is not agenst rules because you cant go on xbox live matchmaking with these any way. Can we post these cause you cant get any info from them nor is it a map file its more of a sppf patch that gets apllyed into memery when you play the map?

Ok i have uploaded the file forge creates when you make a map also know as a game varient. I have also found a map file in there to its for high ground but it doesent seem to contain any .map info as would others.I used XSATA its all i got with no modded 360 and its dosent give a specific file extension. So i used hex workshop to hex edit it and i found some interesting stuff. First off it refrences to a map called sandbox.map i dont know if that is the real .map or if it is the editor im guessing the editor. im trying to change like the description of the patch or map file and see what the results are. well you can load the map after edit but you need to resign or mabey clear cach to have the changes to apear.
AI Zones in MP | Ambiance | Gravemind Beta v1.1
Aumaan Anubis wrote:Grimdoomer. The first person ever to mod Halo 2 Vista.
INSANEdrive

Mad Hatter

Location: Cell Block #Q (There are a lot of strange people in the world. I should know; I'm three of them...)

Post by INSANEdrive »

"You know what I'd like to be? I mean if I had my goddamn choice, I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all."
or should I?
Prey

Connoisseur Snitch! Pyre Articulatist 500

Post by Prey »

He's talking about modding them Insane. Anyway I took a look through them the other day, the header is for the most part piss easy to read. But I didn't go far seeing as the forge variant files are locked up in the 360's generic containers, which have that yet-to-be-figured-out hash...

The only people that would be able to play would be those with debug xboxes. What's that, like 0.1% of halomods?..
Halo 2 Prophet - Skin with ease with the simple 3D point and click interface.
Halo 3 Research Thread - Contribute to the research into Halo 3.
INSANEdrive

Mad Hatter

Location: Cell Block #Q (There are a lot of strange people in the world. I should know; I'm three of them...)

Post by INSANEdrive »

Prey wrote:He's talking about modding them Insane.
Didn't read the entire post. Doh.
"You know what I'd like to be? I mean if I had my goddamn choice, I'd just be the catcher in the rye and all."
or should I?
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

well ill try to clear my chach although that shouldent matter at all and by th way how do you read the header? i did once or twice like 3-4 years ago but never needed it and forgot
Prey

Post by Prey »

grimdoomer wrote:well ill try to clear my chach
Cache? What has that got to do with anything?
grimdoomer wrote:by th way how do you read the header? i did once or twice like 3-4 years ago but never needed it and forgot
What? A header exists in all files, it is the very start of the file.. you know, the 'top bit'...
DJ_Gnomey

Connoisseur

Post by DJ_Gnomey »

I really hope that .1% of HaloMods dev members have them, not stupid no-lifes who don't create anything! :D
grimdoomer

System Engineer

Post by grimdoomer »

well i know the header is the top bit but i forgot how to decode it ill have to dig up my tut on it

EDIT got it now ill see what i can find.
Supermodder911

Connoisseur Coroner

Post by Supermodder911 »

you dont decode a header you read a header by finding certain offsets that mean something about the file its self like a .map file has a header and thats how we find out where all the tags are etc
C Wizzle
Anthony

Translator Connoisseur New Age ONI

Post by Anthony »

Prey wrote:He's talking about modding them Insane. Anyway I took a look through them the other day, the header is for the most part piss easy to read. But I didn't go far seeing as the forge variant files are locked up in the 360's generic containers, which have that yet-to-be-figured-out hash...

The only people that would be able to play would be those with debug xboxes. What's that, like 0.1% of halomods?..
its not locked in teh container. i can extract them pretty easy... inject too.

also ive modded the custom gametype before so i wouldent say the hash is "yet-to-be-figured-out"
Prey

Post by Prey »

Anthony wrote:
Prey wrote:He's talking about modding them Insane. Anyway I took a look through them the other day, the header is for the most part piss easy to read. But I didn't go far seeing as the forge variant files are locked up in the 360's generic containers, which have that yet-to-be-figured-out hash...

also ive modded the custom gametype before so i wouldent say the hash is "yet-to-be-figured-out"
Cool, that's what?..one more person? If your telling the truth that is.
Anthony

Translator Connoisseur New Age ONI

Post by Anthony »

Prey wrote:
Anthony wrote:

Cool, that's what?..one more person? If your telling the truth that is.
i have no reason to lie in fact in a few days there might be some modded shit
turk645

Artisan Translator Pyre

Post by turk645 »

im looking forward to gametype editing.
ScottyGee wrote:Smokers suck >_< (to avoid someone saying it later, both literally and in the derogatory way)
"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way after you make fun of them, you still have their shoes."-Dranciel ಠ_ಠ