What will Halo 3 be like?

General discussion of Halo 3.
IcE_cOld

Post by IcE_cOld »

firetoy wrote: haha 360 isnt a high proformace game machines, it is just a bit more then the original xbox was (like twice as much), does have 20 gig hdd, the ps3 on the other hand has close to that power duel 3.2 (i think), ibm processors, and two videocards that both run in hi-definition.... plus i don't think it was our computer causing the mess ups it was the code, so unless they figure out a way to balance the code and STILL make the water look gorgeous, then they probably wont mess with it...
First off the xbox360 will have 3 proccesors 3.2ghz each. So it will be faster than the ps3 just a little bit less graphics wise because its coming out before ps3.

Second, not a high performance machine? The xbox360 will have better graphics and sound than any computer for at least 6 months or more after it launches.

Source: Xbox Offical Magizine

Back on topic...... I think they should have tons of multiplayer options for halo 3. Vehicle damage option, infinite grenades, etc. Four player co op would be sweet too. But the greatest thing i would like to see in halo 3 besides 4 player co op is a map maker 8) . You could submit your maps to xbox live and your friends could download them or simply take your removable HD out and take it to your friends to give them the maps. Now that would be f***ing awesome.
Signature exceeded 75KB.
R-Manta ray

Location: Either asleep, at school, in the pool, or at a computer!

Post by R-Manta ray »

Or there could be a co-op where it is like a mission, but some people are marines (all varieties, including one MC) and the rest are covenant (all varieties). They would play through a campaign map, and when the marines pass through a certain point, all the covie players that they kill spawn farther up the map.

Just an idea.
jks

Orb Scorched Earth

Post by jks »

Yea, actually act out campaign with people instead of AI, battlefrontish, I like it :D
HaloMod's Scapegoat�
RC Master

Post by RC Master »

IcE_cOld wrote: Back on topic...... I think they should have tons of multiplayer options for halo 3. Vehicle damage option, infinite grenades, etc. Four player co op would be sweet too. But the greatest thing i would like to see in halo 3 besides 4 player co op is a map maker 8) . You could submit your maps to xbox live and your friends could download them or simply take your removable HD out and take it to your friends to give them the maps. Now that would be f***ing awesome.
Or you could "author content on PC and feed it over to your 360 over the [xbox live] network."
Source: Official Xbox Magazine
Modding turned official? Hows that for customization!!
Ignorance is the true enemy of all things

Free Web Hosting at x10Hosting
I am clearly a cow

Post by I am clearly a cow »

1 word: mmorpgish

:D:D:D i would like to c 64 players in a server, with GIANT lvls and UBER lag (not) and 8 peeple buses, 2 planes, human banshee thing, non modded starwarzy ship, being able to play as grunts, jackals, prophets, odsts, marines, hunters, i wanna c 2 disks, 1 4 campaign, 1 for mp since campaign will be A LOT!!! and co-op online, 16 peeple (OMFG TARTARUS IS DOOMED) and of course, being able to play as a pizza. that is all.
- the space is for sale -
R-Manta ray

Post by R-Manta ray »

Nice bump.

But besides that: that idea would actually be pretty fun...I've been thinking about something like that for a while.
M9 HE-DP Grenade

Post by M9 HE-DP Grenade »

for halo 3 i want the game to be less noobed up,make smaller hit boxes,remove the magnetic bullets. also an idea for the tank is that you need 2 ppl to fully operate it. one seat is for driving and the other seat for gunning. This way one guy cant drive around and camp,you need 2 ppl to use the tanks full power. and also speed the tank up a bit its too slow now.
Also if they include the BR back in they should make it more powerful,able to kill in 5 shots or 3 headshots. Also in halo 3 get rid of the magnum,put some kind of pistol in that is stronger or better in some way.

p.s. the tank for sp you would need to do co-operation mode in order to drive the tank and shoot it,that would be alot of fun just driving down the bridge in metropolis with your buddy in the gunner seat blasting at everything
Dr.Cox

Grunge Pyre Mad Hatter

sdsa

Post by Dr.Cox »

And there should be throwing knifes!

sitting on a car throwin knifes at grunts, what would be better?

a grenade luancher would be nice 2.

and have like 5 different warthogs!

tnt to... smoke bombs and other blunt objects

and u should be able to pick up small debris and hurl them at an oppenet
like a small car :)

And you need to be able to climp trees for sniping!
Not removing this 'till I get back. Leaving on [01/05/09]
jks

Orb Scorched Earth

Post by jks »

Big bump, but w/e, Ill just sticky it, it is a big topic afterall.
HaloMod's Scapegoat�
james587

Post by james587 »

wow i havnt checked on this for a while,i didnt know it would be stickied :D
Dispraiser

Post by Dispraiser »

tack122 wrote:And why on earth would they make a famous First Person Shooter into a real time stratigy game?
Age of empires style halo play? no thanks...
Heeeyyyy!

http://mods.moddb.com/2211/
http://www.halogen.slipstreamproductions.net

They can't kill Halo as a FPS, but remember halo was an RTS first.

I hope, in Halo 3, that things are a lot darker, and more sinister. Humanity has their back to the wall, their fleet and empire are crushed, people are dying across the galaxy, billions of people are dead and hundreds of planets. They aren't gonna be cracking sarcastic comments to the death.

At least like the old E3 demo, where they showed wounded marines, to show the costs of the war. This game isn't designed for 5 year olds. It's target audience is the same as Black Hawk Down.
Your avatar was oversized!
Dr.Cox

Grunge Pyre Mad Hatter

Post by Dr.Cox »

Dispraiser wrote:
tack122 wrote:And why on earth would they make a famous First Person Shooter into a real time stratigy game?
Age of empires style halo play? no thanks...
Heeeyyyy!

http://mods.moddb.com/2211/
http://www.halogen.slipstreamproductions.net

They can't kill Halo as a FPS, but remember halo was an RTS first.

I hope, in Halo 3, that things are a lot darker, and more sinister. Humanity has their back to the wall, their fleet and empire are crushed, people are dying across the galaxy, billions of people are dead and hundreds of planets. They aren't gonna be cracking sarcastic comments to the death.

At least like the old E3 demo, where they showed wounded marines, to show the costs of the war. This game isn't designed for 5 year olds. It's target audience is the same as Black Hawk Down.

i kinda think thats what happened in halo 1 and 2....
Not removing this 'till I get back. Leaving on [01/05/09]
I Trunks I

Post by I Trunks I »

when was halo and RTS?
HunterXI

Post by HunterXI »

Dispraiser wrote:I hope, in Halo 3, that things are a lot darker, and more sinister. Humanity has their back to the wall, their fleet and empire are crushed, people are dying across the galaxy, billions of people are dead and hundreds of planets. They aren't gonna be cracking sarcastic comments to the death.
Uh, did you ever read TFoR? Or FS?

Plus, morale is the key to battlefield survival. You think no one ever cracked a joke in any war?
This post printed on 100% recycled electrons.
Retarded Yoshi

Post by Retarded Yoshi »

Halo 3 is going to be the best text adventure ever made!!
Dumb Like A Moose
R-Manta ray

Post by R-Manta ray »

Retarded Yoshi wrote:Halo 3 is going to be the best text adventure ever made!!
LOL :P

you see a bulbous, humanoid figure running at you. you have one second to do some thing before it kills you.

shoot at th...

I'm sorry, but you died.
M9 HE-DP Grenade

Post by M9 HE-DP Grenade »

Btw,has bungie actually written someone that they are making a halo 3? i know everyone knows they are,but have they themselves said so?
eliteraptor1

Post by eliteraptor1 »

nope, they like to mess with our heads.
The Arbiter

Post by The Arbiter »

I want the rocket launcher to be able to lock on to people as well. It gets really annoying, when someone keeps on dodging the rockets you shoot at them.
wes

Post by wes »

nah, that would just make it harder for me to dodge annoying nubs using rockets all the time