How To: Destroy a Phantom

General discussion of Halo 3.
King_Kilvas

How To: Destroy a Phantom

Post by King_Kilvas »

Ok, so far most of us have learnt that Missile Launchers, Fuel Rod Guns, Missile Pods, Scorpion Mortar, Wraith Mortar and Hornet Missiles (and pelican fired missiles if you count the in game cinematics) are all capable of destroying a Phantom, but Is anything else?

I have tried Multiple Spartan Laser hits and it appears to do nothing, played 2 player in Crow's Nest, gotten the arbiter to use the turret on the side of a phantom while firing with it with the Master Chief on a Human Turret in the hanger and nothing appeared to happen, same with grenades of Frag, plasma and spike background.

I once shot at one with the Ghost and it appeared to do damage but the phantom flew off too quickly to notice.

From the above methods I have noticed that the same appears to apply to Scarab Armor too (e.g. shoot a scarab leg with a ghost, it will eventually break)

Yeah, I have to much time on my hands, but anyone else found anything that damages Phantom/Scarab armor? always looking for more ways to kill things while my friends are still trying the old fashioned way :D
Mr N

Post by Mr N »

Shoot it in the front lights. I've killed it with a ghost this way, as well as a human turret.
- sober
[IA]Paul

Enthraller

Post by [IA]Paul »

Or shoot the back antigrav units on the back.

The ones with the watery energy fields coming out. I use those if I can't hit the front.
Proclaimer001 wrote:It's going to take more than one drunk prostitiute to bring down ShamWoW Guy!
This thread is why 14-year-olds are looked down on on the internet.
tsgfilmwerks

Post by tsgfilmwerks »

Mr N wrote:Shoot it in the front lights.
You might have better luck shooting the front engines.
[IA]Paul wrote:Or shoot the back antigrav units on the back.
What about the back antigrav units on the front, or the front antigrav units on the back?
Mr N

Post by Mr N »

tsgfilmwerks wrote:
Mr N wrote:Shoot it in the front lights.
You might have better luck shooting the front engines.
[IA]Paul wrote:Or shoot the back antigrav units on the back.
What about the back antigrav units on the front, or the front antigrav units on the back?
I'm pretty sure my post was understandable. No need to correct me. Also, why not contribute to the thread instead of correcting everyone?

Also King_Kilvas, I've had trouble destroying the Crow's Nest phantoms with anything. Using the human turret on The Ark, I've killed a phantom. However, on Crow's Nest it wouldn't work.
- sober
tsgfilmwerks

Post by tsgfilmwerks »

I think that it would only come down after being hit with explosives. If you could destroy it in Crow's Nest, then it would be with grenades. That would seem pretty hard to do, though.
[IA]Paul

Enthraller

Post by [IA]Paul »

Gauss works, but it takes a while. I think it's the same with any weapon.

Also, tsgfilmwerks, you're really fucking funny with that sarcasm.
Last edited by [IA]Paul on Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proclaimer001 wrote:It's going to take more than one drunk prostitiute to bring down ShamWoW Guy!
This thread is why 14-year-olds are looked down on on the internet.
King_Kilvas

Post by King_Kilvas »

hmmm, not sure if guass works it deffently must take awhile as you said because I left the marine, on the ark directly after you enter the scarab battle, in the hog gunner for a minute or so with no visable damage. :S

oh and Mr N, I know its hard to destroy a phantom there, but my friend did the next best thing, co op, both shot at it with human turrents, it FELL IN THE HANGER! like, DOWN! rofl, he could flip it but not damage it, he had to flip it (most of the time killing one of them) till it fell out the hanger, amazing stuff haha.