Guide to quick scoping

General discussion of Halo 3.
Jdub360

Guide to quick scoping

Post by Jdub360 »

hey i know this is kinda a dumb question but i wanted to know of any tips, techniques and strategies you guys use to quick scope people. i cant do it to save my life, at normal long range sniping im good and no scoping i can pull off a decent amount at times but there are those certain situation where you need to quick scope because you know a noscope would be way too risky. Also when doing a quick scope do you zoom once or twice real quick
Yodel

Re: Guide to quick scoping

Post by Yodel »

Jdub360 wrote:Hey, I know that this is sort of a dumb question, but does anyone have any tips, techniques, or strategies for quick scoping? I am relatively proficient when it comes to long range sniping and no scoping, but I can't pull off a quick-scope when it is necessary. Also, do you zoom once or twice when doing a quick-scope?
Fixed for those who don't wish for their eyes to bleed.

Anyway, I almost never use a quick scope, except for when I don't have any other weapons. If you must, then I have two words of advice:

-Try to make the enemy move into your targeting reticle, rather then chasing the enemy, which takes longer.
-Quick scoping narrows your field of vision, and disables your motion tracker while you are scoping, so beware of other opponents ambushing you.
Jdub360

Re: Guide to quick scoping

Post by Jdub360 »

Yodel wrote:
Jdub360 wrote:Hey, I know that this is sort of a dumb question, but does anyone have any tips, techniques, or strategies for quick scoping? I am relatively proficient when it comes to long range sniping and no scoping, but I can't pull off a quick-scope when it is necessary. Also, do you zoom once or twice when doing a quick-scope?
Fixed for those who don't wish for their eyes to bleed.

Anyway, I almost never use a quick scope, except for when I don't have any other weapons. If you must, then I have two words of advice:

-Try to make the enemy move into your targeting reticle, rather then chasing the enemy, which takes longer.
-Quick scoping narrows your field of vision, and disables your motion tracker while you are scoping, so beware of other opponents ambushing you.
thnx for that rewording, i needed it lol
DrXThirst

Connoisseur Foundry Pyre

Post by DrXThirst »

So edit your post (Including the one on Halo3Forum) with what he typed.

Also, quick scoping is more of an 'Art' than anything. It's something you have to work on. Knowing where your aimer needs to be so that when you scope in and pull the trigger at the same time, it headshots the person.

Oh, and some people will say that you have to be good at no scoping to do it, and I disagree, oh so very much.
Jdub360

Post by Jdub360 »

DrXThirst wrote:So edit your post (Including the one on Halo3Forum) with what he typed.

Also, quick scoping is more of an 'Art' than anything. It's something you have to work on. Knowing where your aimer needs to be so that when you scope in and pull the trigger at the same time, it headshots the person.

Oh, and some people will say that you have to be good at no scoping to do it, and I disagree, oh so very much.
thanks man