Change starting weapons

Discuss anything related to Halo 2 Vista here.
varunb

Change starting weapons

Post by varunb »

I am trying to get energy blade as one of my starting weapons in the Sacred Icon map but I am having a real hard time. I tried to to this using Gravemind by injecting the energy_blade meta into the covenant carbine. It did work but then I kept hearing the sentinel beam's sound continuously right from the starting of the campaign. Has anyone any other ideas ? I wish I could do this successfully as I used to do this in HHT for Halo 1 PC.
Eaton

Enthraller

Post by Eaton »

You can just go the scnr tag and modify the weapon you start with.
varunb

Post by varunb »

I have already done that & it didn't work. The Arbiter still uses carbine as his starting weapon even if I swap it with energy blade in the Sacred Icon mission.
Shock120

Post by Shock120 »

varunb wrote:I have already done that & it didn't work. The Arbiter still uses carbine as his starting weapon even if I swap it with energy blade in the Sacred Icon mission.
Its easier to look at the [scnr] then swap the [weap]'s in the [Player Starting Profile]

1. Scenerio/[scnr]
2. Right-click...select Meta
3. All the way down to "Player Starting Profile"
Mess about with the settings... :P then click Save. :wink:
Shock120 on XLink & XBC
varunb

Post by varunb »

Ok thanx mate. Actually i didn't download scnr update that was released in the Gravemind thread. It was bcos of this that I couldn't see the starting weapons.