Asset Extraction? Is it possible?

Discuss anything related to Halo 2 Vista here.
DEEhunter

Post by DEEhunter »

The format was changed. To allow optimization and quicker indexing. The map STRUCTURE is the same though so that they do not need to modify the games engine as much.

Deviantart | My City | Wmclan | Gamertag | [url=irc://irc.halomods.com/melon]#melon[/url]
HaLo2FrEeEk

Post by HaLo2FrEeEk »

Ok, let's not argue, it's really not that big of a deal. Shadow, the error with the visor in the first picture is because I didn't apply the visor texture to the visor, just a black color texture. The visor is mirrored (one half is drawn and the other half is just flipped over onto the other side), and it's disconnected in the middle, so you get the line. I figured out how to fix that at least in C4D by doing an optimize command, I increased the poly count by doing a subdivide then smoothed a bit. I have a better result now but nothing like the second picture I posted. Here is my most recent result:

http://claninfectionist.com/images/C4D_ ... nder_3.png

It's not great, but it's better than I had. I'm learning how to make stuff work without using Max.

To the person who posted the max tutorial, I liked it, but it was really hard to follow and didn't produce the results I wanted, it produced results no better than the in game ones, and I want better.

The creator of the second picture, the really good looking one, emailed me back and told me that he used a custom visor texture that was 4096x4096 resolution, 8 times in game textures, which is how he got that to look so good, but he didn't tell me how he did the body and made it look so smooth and pretty. Im still waiting for a reply back about that, but I really don't think that an arguement should be had over something so stupid. Ok, so you have sound extraction, good for you, I'd like it, but it's no reason to argue with someone about meta and crap that really, no one knows except Bungie. Just let it be.
jackson117

Post by jackson117 »

its highly possable just be patient
ShadowSpartan

Post by ShadowSpartan »

jackson117 wrote:its highly possable just be patient
I'm pretty sure that has been established already, no need to state the obvious.
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

HaLo2FrEeEk, the reason his renders are so good is cause he has higher resolution bitmaps he made himself and even more completely custom maps within his material. If I were you, I would take renders from farther away, show that you can't see the pixelation.