H2VDevTrainer v0.1 beta by Paulus

Discuss anything related to Halo 2 Vista here.

Post by Guest »

johnnyblaz20 wrote:Kiwi's DL link is still on this thread with the working trainer...
hmm i thought it was removed.
GT500

Post by GT500 »

[quote="
johnnyblaz20

Articulatist 250

Post by johnnyblaz20 »

worked 4 me.
GT500

Post by GT500 »

I wonder if it's because I'm on Vista x64...

Isn't there a kernel hook involved in the dev trainer? Kernel hooks are blocked in x64...
Nicole_aka_Kitty

Post by Nicole_aka_Kitty »

it works fine for me, i think you need to start it from the inject file, and play on window mod, not full screen.

("Arbiter i, i, i think you cute too" line from i would have been your dady skull)
GT500

Post by GT500 »

It's also possible to modify the link to run the dev trainer without the batch file. Thanks for the info.

Anyway, the trainer isn't compatible with my keyboard layout (using arrow keys to move around). The game no longer recognises them while playing. Not a big deal, but a bit annoying.

BTW: KIWI asked me to post this for him in a PM:
KIWIDOGGIE wrote:Just press NO and it should still load anyway, also Tural my devtrainer does not change ANY of Paulus's Trainer stuff. It just swapped injectors
rancor26

Post by rancor26 »

I downloaded kiwis trainer but it still wont work it asks would i like to load something random characters, i click yes then it open halo but nothing happens. Do i need to press something button to get it work? help please
Nicole_aka_Kitty

ok, install it and deleat the plugin folder, next click on inject in the halo 2 folder, not dll-inject, jest inject, if it will open a site then you did it correctly, the game will start a scond after, play the game in window mode insted of full screen, press F1 and you'll see a menu, ues the arrow keys to choos whatever you want when in game and press F1 again to close it, deathless will turn off on a new level even if it say its on.
rancor26

Post by rancor26 »

w00t it's working ty very much :D
Nicole_aka_Kitty

glad i could help.

Edit: note that even when you see the game freezing, it keep playing, you only frose the picture so if you playing on legenday, make sure you in a safe area befor opning the window.
Plank755

Post by Plank755 »

so if you playing on legenday, make sure you in a safe area befor opning the window.
it also works if u pause first,
so u dont have to find a safe area
Nicole_aka_Kitty

odd, the menu dont show up for me when im puseing, only whiel playing.
Something_Else

Post by Something_Else »

Nicole_aka_Kitty wrote:odd, the menu dont show up for me when im puseing, only whiel playing.
I got that too, I can get the menu to open IF I'm not moving the mouse while paused or doing anything else "active" while pressing F1.
"There's a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I like to think that I'm walking along that line every day." - Church Red vs Blue Episode 30
erustad

Post by erustad »

yea, the trainer was great back when i played on xp... then i updated to vista cause i wanted to try playing HL2 multiplayer, which i do enjoy, aside from the fact that the "silver account" is severely limited... aside from that its great. however now i cant play the campaign on anything above normal... and i can barely even do that (yes i suck at single player). i tried kiwidoggie's fix thing, but it will not work for me. the problem im running into is that the game will load, but the trainer does not. it doesnt even ask me if i want to load it. i really want to be able to use this again :(
BlawkHawk

Post by BlawkHawk »

i can try and send my files i got from kiwidoggie that works for me. want to try?
erustad

Post by erustad »

as much as i would love to think its just bad files that i have i have a feeling its more than that. i suppose we could try it and see... certainly not opposed to a POSSIBLE solution : )
johnnyblaz20

Articulatist 250

Post by johnnyblaz20 »

I have kiwi's files also but the dl link on this page works also if done correctly. BTW its not cool to hand out stuff like that. If there is no link posted its for a reason.