InvaderVeex's H3-styled AR skin

Halo PC uploads. All posts must have pictures and a mod to download. Use PPF always, unless the map is rebuilt.
InvaderVeex

InvaderVeex's H3-styled AR skin

Post by InvaderVeex »

see Deadhamster's post below for ingame picture.

old skin is old. So here it is. I extracted the uvw and did it from scratch.

Go creazy.

http://www.pcgameshots.com/img/104/lg/ar_ori.JPG
Last edited by InvaderVeex on Wed Aug 13, 2008 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Corvette19

Snitch!

Post by Corvette19 »

I was about to send you a PM at halomaps saying you should release it for PC, lol.
Like I said before, Beautiful.
Xfire = corvette19
WaeV wrote:Mess around with stuff, make exceptions, get messy! Do something we've never seen before.
Cuban Legend

Post by Cuban Legend »

Hi there, I'm a fan of your work. :) This is definitely the best H:PC AR Ive seen in my months of lurking! (and i have about 5 or 6 [some skins only some skins+models] archived from all over this forum)

You always seem to put out some great stuff. I'm not THAT experienced with saving textures and stuff with PS, and I'm afraid i might mess something up, plus I don't see any multi or any shaders or anything you might have as dependencies to achieve that look.... So i humbly ask you this:

Can you please provide the dds regular and multi files? And basically whatever else I'd have to inject (model , is thats the case too), to make my AR look as awesome as that pic.

:) BTW , can i PM you about something?
super_man916

Post by super_man916 »

very nice skin. and you dont have to ask to PM :lol:
Bring it
InvaderVeex

Post by InvaderVeex »

All you have to do is get the plugin to switch to dds for photoshop, and just a color balance to magenta would work fine for the multi. (or just use original)

And the shaders aren't under my control unless I release a patch, and I'm much to busy with working on newer skins for a team at the moment to do anything like that. Especially for Halo PC. I don't venture there, anymore. CE ftw.
Lambda

Post by Lambda »

looks bad ass, one of the best AR skins I've seen
softer on the eyes now
flea925

Post by flea925 »

badass skin! :)
guysullavin wrote:lucky you! free sammich!
Cryticfarm

Post by Cryticfarm »

Pretty sloppy, could work on the metal :\.
InvaderVeex

Post by InvaderVeex »

Yeah, my second attempt at actually texturing from an unwrap. And I have since improved my skills at skinning. (this was made a couple months ago)
Cuban Legend

Post by Cuban Legend »

super_man916 wrote:very nice skin. and you dont have to ask to PM :lol:
Oh sorry, I was just being polite, as I'm almost positive i read here somewhere in the forums that to PM someone you have to ask permission. Please correct me If I'm wrong.
Cuban Legend

Post by Cuban Legend »

InvaderVeex wrote:All you have to do is get the plugin to switch to dds for photoshop, and just a color balance to magenta would work fine for the multi. (or just use original)

And the shaders aren't under my control unless I release a patch, and I'm much to busy with working on newer skins for a team at the moment to do anything like that. Especially for Halo PC. I don't venture there, anymore. CE ftw.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Oh I'm good with PS CS3 just not great with saving DDS files correctly with mip maps and all. So i guess i should follow Pizza's Guide and i should be ok with that aspect?

"A color balance to magenta for the multi..." and "using the original"? Sorry I'm not following what you mean. Should you elaborate both method for me if its no trouble, or point to a a thread that goes over this?

-By the shaders not being under your control: Do you mean:
1. They aren't yours and/or aren't for you to decide whether or not to release?
2. Or are you using stock shaders with that screenshot and would have to add them in a patch? What kind of patch do you mean?

-And while were on the Halo PC topic, I just reinstalled Halo PC and CE and updated to 1.08, I'd like to install both Dedicated Server Clients for now. But i want to stick to one (PC or CE). I just got back into halo PC modding and stuff, after about 2 years of not touching it. (look at my join date, my first post was yesterday i think, I'm a lurker no more! lol)

And i know CE is better, but I'm just more familiar with PC modding with HMT and HHT and stuff. I'm not that familiar with CE at all, and I'd like to be, any tips or help on that? :D
DeadHamster

Snitch! Advisor Articulatist 500

Post by DeadHamster »

Just open the jpeg in Photoshop, and save it as a .dds, DXT1 with MIP maps.

He said to either use the stock multipurpose included with PC, or to go change the hue of the AR to a more pinkish one, then save and inject as the multi.

Im fairly certain he used stock shaders, and that the shader's would have to be changed either manually by each user, as a series of .meta files to inject, or as a .ppf patch, which you would need one for each map. Since all of these are inpractical, he decided to not edit/release them.

For any other questions/comments not relating to this AR, you should post a new topic in the appropiate section.
InvaderVeex

Post by InvaderVeex »

Thanks, DeadHamster.

I personally don't know what the AR looks like ingame with original model and shaders, though I used it on a MA5C model with new shaders, and it looked fine.
SCORPION-396

Location: On Installation 00 re-constructing 05-032 Mendicant Bias.

Post by SCORPION-396 »

It' orgasmic!!!!! :shock: Sweet skin dude.
Woa! Whered' the earth go!?!? (@.@)
DeadHamster

Snitch! Advisor Articulatist 500

Post by DeadHamster »

Mhm no problem Veex. And here, one second:

In Game Picture:

The green dot is a bit large, and it looks much better in the render IMO. Still looks very good. Mind if I use it in my mod?
AbeFroman

Wordewatician 500

Post by AbeFroman »

niiiice...only problem is that it's a H3 AR
"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."
- T.S. Eliot
InvaderVeex

Post by InvaderVeex »

AbeFroman wrote:niiiice...only problem is that it's a H3 AR
No it's not. It's a Ma5B model for the skin, and it's easy to tell I didn't completely base it off of Halo 3's assault rifle.

And I don't mind at all. Maybe if you edit the shaders a tad, it will look better than the dull flat shaders already on it.
AbeFroman

Wordewatician 500

Post by AbeFroman »

well what i mean by H3 Ar is
H3-styled AR skin
"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go."
- T.S. Eliot
Cuban Legend

Post by Cuban Legend »

DeadHamster wrote:Just open the jpeg in Photoshop, and save it as a .dds, DXT1 with MIP maps.

He said to either use the stock multipurpose included with PC, or to go change the hue of the AR to a more pinkish one, then save and inject as the multi.

Im fairly certain he used stock shaders, and that the shader's would have to be changed either manually by each user, as a series of .meta files to inject, or as a .ppf patch, which you would need one for each map. Since all of these are inpractical, he decided to not edit/release them.

For any other questions/comments not relating to this AR, you should post a new topic in the appropiate section.
Cool Thanks! i couldn't get it to work at first , but then i just used a current Skin and copied over it , as i couldn't get it stop inject correctly for some reason. All is well now.

Here are some Stock ingames of it:(I use ENBSeries For Halo, hence the contras-ish HDR look):
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

And some with a scratched custom swapped dependency to a custom corroded metal dds:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

What do you think? Did i Inject it correctly? Can i post a JPG of the multi i made, so anyone can let me know if its done correctly and will register correctly with the color scheme i made it with?

(Heres some pics with teh new multi i made (let me know if i can post the multi):
Stock With Multi:
ImageImage

Custom Corroded Metal + Dependency Swap with new multi:
ImageImage
ImageImage
AbeFroman

Wordewatician 500

Post by AbeFroman »

god i wish enbseries worked for the latest version of halo :cry:
- T.S. Eliot