[map] - Man cannons and ports visible to all

Halo PC uploads. All posts must have pictures and a mod to download. Use PPF always, unless the map is rebuilt.
uk_rose

[map] - Man cannons and ports visible to all

Post by uk_rose »

Yes, thats right people, I have managed to cobble together something that works more or less like a man cannon !!

I have applied them to an infinity map (I know, I know its not the most popular of maps but I love it)

This server that this map is running on has the new FUN port marking system (developed by a certain sexy genius modder) so that anyone joining without the map can still see all the ports (look for the purple lights) that don't lead to the man cannons (that's most of them)

BEWARE, the ports are different from the BBT ports and there are no rock ports. I have placed them in an attempt to open up the whole map to play, not just the middle and the bases. They are symetrical (more or less) and should give quite a balanced game play.

The weapons are much the same as usual. I have however, moved the flag to the main base and have also spread out the spawn points so that the usual camping techniques won't work in this map. You also get the added bonus of spawning on top of an active camo but beware they only last 30 seconds.

The vehicles have been pimped up a bit too, but that will only show up if you have the map installed.

A selection of screenies follows.

This is the Ghost hog, they tend to be invisible until you have used them so good luck finding them, I placed them in the map and I can't find the damn things, lol. (hint, look for the arials)

Different style tank, I am quite fond of this.

A view of the man cannons

Pimp my hog !!!

Ports to the man cannons are marked by rotating lights.

Just walk down the barrel of the cannon and be prepared to come flying back out. The spinning things at the top of the guns should add some randomness to where you end up.

Please download it from http://rose.clanservers.com and join in the FUN, or if you just want to see the ports shining away, load a normal map and come and play on the following server

!![%FUN]_MODS_EXTREME_[www.funclan.org]
server IP is 217.163.29.47

Cheers

Rose
XXX

Let's all enjoy the Funshine !!!
Philly

Collaborator

Post by Philly »

Mancannons... cool! :D
Rose, I really love your originality, seriously, I really like it. Bytr your mods need to be 'cleaner', as it were. You savvy? I don't wish to insult, but you just don't seem to be learning that shader swaps don't count as good effort. Nonetheless, I'll try out this mod if I have time! :P
For anybody still wondering where FTD has gone, here it is.
uk_rose

Post by uk_rose »

I take no offence at all.

I am more than prepared to take any comments, good or bad that are made.

In my defense, the shader swaps are getting a little better.

Please make time to try the server, it doesn't matter if you don't download the map.

The real breakthrough with this one is that you will be able to see the ports no matter what map you are using.

cheers

Rose
XXXX
DeadHamster

Snitch! Advisor Articulatist 500

Post by DeadHamster »

I was going to, but I cant connect to PC servers for a certain reason. Good mod though, looks cool.
Philly

Collaborator

Post by Philly »

uk_rose wrote:The shader swaps are getting a little better.
Shader swaps are like... erm, stealing. No matter how big or small they are, no matter how well you try to cover it up or how serious it is, it's bad. Don't do it.
For anybody still wondering where FTD has gone, here it is.
uk_rose

Post by uk_rose »

Wow, stealing is a bit of a strong word. I prefer.... creative re-working !!!! Or maybe asset re-arranging !!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Corvette19

Snitch!

Post by Corvette19 »

I get to come back for a little today!
And I come back to this!! Great work!
Xfire = corvette19
WaeV wrote:Mess around with stuff, make exceptions, get messy! Do something we've never seen before.
MoDFox

Post by MoDFox »

Sweet, a new mod by you! You've got quite the creativity, I'll download it in a couple of days when I get my new internet hooked up and set.
Lambda

Post by Lambda »

Philly wrote:
uk_rose wrote:The shader swaps are getting a little better.
Shader swaps are like... erm, stealing. No matter how big or small they are, no matter how well you try to cover it up or how serious it is, it's bad. Don't do it.
<_< I beg to differ.
anyways seems pretty cool, I like what you did with the lights, very nice.
but I'm all alone on the server... :cry:
if anyone joins you'll most likely pwn me, I go by Holden for now (get a cookie if you know where that name is from)
softer on the eyes now
DeadHamster

Snitch! Advisor Articulatist 500

Post by DeadHamster »

Catcher in the Rye.

I prefer chocolate chip b****

:P
d9838461

Post by d9838461 »

I want that tank in my halo game I want that skin and object ! OMFG 9.9/10 on the tank !
bcnipod

Post by bcnipod »

Great work yet again. that sort of originality is key to discovering how to do new things, for example take my respawning vehicles tut.
Twitter: Dirk Gently | Major lulz
Mr. Brightside: Worst mod I've seen since 'Nam.
Website